• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remember these AOL days Trenches items we had made for the group?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember these AOL days Trenches items we had made for the group?

Way cool hat Sticker about 2” x 3” Jacket and hat combo

Yes I do. I still have the jacket and the action soldier sticker. I also have the AT hat and watch.
    The Joe Collecting "Geek".
    Visit my online art store for some cool art prints:
    www.etsy.com/shop/geekdragonart
    Also follow me on Twitch for some video game goodness at:
    www.twitch.tv/miketheretrogamer
    Want to see my collection? Check out my Instagram:
    www.instagram.com/miketheretrogamer
    Want to see my new art? Check out:
    www.instagram.com/geekdragonart

Comment

• geyejoeme
      geyejoeme commented
      Editing a comment
      AT watch? Really?!

I had the hats made by a member who was in Korea (Rick Sollers aka RTSOLLE) some of them had the screen names on the back. Rick master minded the patches and the jackets.

We also had coins made, the original Grenade Brigade coins are quite sought after. There was a run of 150 of them numbered, There were also key chains made that were the same sans numbers. I have a few of the test shots with a blank reverse. My original coin is shown next to a text shot and you can see that carrying it in my pocket for almost 30 years took a toll on it.

Chris O'Brien a commercial artist out of Canada did the stickers, also the original paperwork and images for the Dough-boy.

We had t shirts designed by Buddy Finethy as well as some odds and ends bits that I cannot recall.

Yes there is a Trenches watch, but they came from a guy in DC and were made without the permission of the board and he took the Trenches Logo (also done by Chris O'Brien) and tried to do cups and all kinds of stuff. We had to shut him down as he was profiting off of our labors. I remember it was quite the conundrum. Ironically, when I bought a portion of Buck's collection, Tracey sent me a Trenches watch. Oddly I had never seen one in person and not surprised, it did not work.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	2078Click image for larger version

Name:	coins.jpg
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	2079Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2687.jpgwatch.jpg
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	2080
    Last edited by GI Defender; 12-05-2018, 01:13 AM.
    - Scott
    PH and Proud
    Bulletmann - Hyatta
    See photos of my collection on my Pinterest Page https://www.pinterest.com/scottbeckmann/gi-joe/

Comment

• geyejoeme
      geyejoeme commented
      Editing a comment

Wow I forgot about some of that. Still have a few of the keychains...see photo
    Last edited by geyejoeme; 12-05-2018, 02:08 AM.

Comment

Last edited by Unveiled; 12-14-2018, 02:12 AM. Reason: edited to answer bottom comment.

Comment

• geyejoeme
        geyejoeme commented
        Editing a comment

I still have my GIJOE coin, but not the AT coin. It's in my office along with all of my military coins.

Comment

• GI Defender
        GI Defender commented
        Editing a comment
        Dave, the AT Grenade Brigade logo is on the back of the coin. They are all the same except the test shots that were blank.

• geyejoeme
        geyejoeme commented
        Editing a comment

Not mine. I had two coins, both were blank on the back. I gave the AT coin away as karma, But I kept the gijoe coin. I must have had test shots.

Comment

• GI Defender
        GI Defender commented
        Editing a comment
        You probably got them from Rick, you were in San Antonio during that time frame. He is who I got the test shots from, I have two of them.

I do wish I got the coins though. Wow, either I didn't know about, or don't remember about the controversy over the watch. I bought one. If I knew, I wouldn't have done it.
      I do wish I got the coins though. And, yes, my watch hasn't worked in years.
      Last edited by GeekDragon; 12-05-2018, 07:04 PM.
      The Joe Collecting "Geek".
      Visit my online art store for some cool art prints:
      www.etsy.com/shop/geekdragonart
      Also follow me on Twitch for some video game goodness at:
      www.twitch.tv/miketheretrogamer
      Want to see my collection? Check out my Instagram:
      www.instagram.com/miketheretrogamer
      Want to see my new art? Check out:
      www.instagram.com/geekdragonart

Comment

Not sure if one of you bought it, but I recently sold the Trenches large patch off of the jacket on ebay. I still have the coins Rick made - those were were pretty cool. And the key chain from the same coin/medallion.

By the way, the AOL Trenches was an OUTSTANDING forum for buying/selling/trading back in the day! Man, I miss that!! I think I heard that AOL found out that we were buying/selling and they weren't making a cut from it, so they did away with it. But I had a blast. My name back then was MBakerToys.
        Last edited by Zombo; 12-06-2018, 03:39 PM.

Comment

• geyejoeme
          geyejoeme commented
          Editing a comment
          very cool!
      Working...
      X