• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Boxed" uniform for The Man of The Sea

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Boxed" uniform for The Man of The Sea

Is it just me? Or are other people in the same boat? The Accessory set for the Man of The Sea never struck me as a "Boxed Figure" uniform.

It seems more like a 75/76 set, a simplified rehash of an earlier set. It could be called "Storm Chaser" or something. Nothing wrong with it, but I like my figures to have a "Boxed" look about them when not displaying a certain uniform set I'm keen on.

So, I based this kitbash of off a custom I found on an Action Man forum, where a guy did the same thing but with the Sea Adventurer.

The Pants are Sea Adventurer issue, and the sweater comes from the 2nd version of the Action Man Adventurer figure. (Found Here)

The boots, shoulder holster and revolver, and dog tag are from the original accessory set.

Here is the original custom for reference.

Yeah, the Club's Hurricane Spotter set I also passed on. I had a spare vintage set here that I put on the figure. I believe Cotswold had just released their repro rain gear about the same time frame as well. I officially stopped buying the uniform sets when they released the glow in the dark figure. Although the Mike Power set did appeal to me, I just could not justify the purchase.
    - Scott
    PH and Proud
    Bulletmann - Hyatta
    See photos of my collection on my Pinterest Page https://www.pinterest.com/scottbeckmann/gi-joe/

Comment

My first figure as a member was the Man of The Sea, and I've gone back and gotten, or made, the ones that came before. I've been a member ever since, and got all the accessory sets for the figures.

I'd be the model club member, if it wasn't for my problem with authority. ?

Comment

Comment

For some reason I bought several Man of the Sea and man of Asia AT figures.. I think the Walmart Deep Sea set inspired me to buy them as the figure hair kept rubbing off.

Comment

I liked the bad flocking on many of the figures (regardless of who sold 'em), since it made it easier to remove the flocking and turn them into vintage looking painted head Joes!

Comment

Working...
            X