• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Complete Adventure Team

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ActionYankee
    started a topic Complete Adventure Team

Complete Adventure Team

I've got a full team, in one way, shape, or form.

Hasbro's Original Team

Left to Right: Sea Adventurer (Vintage), Adventurer (Vintage), Air Adventurer (Walmart), Commander (GIJCC), Commander (Vintage), Man of Action (Timeless), Land Adventurer (Vintage), Astronaut (Custom), Mike Power "Atomic Man" (GIJCC).

GIJCC Adventurers

Left to Right: Man of The Sea, Man of Asia (Wrong Uniform), Foreign Adventurer (Custom), Arctic Adventurer, Urban Adventurer, Comrade of Action.

GIJCC Villains

Left to Right: Dr. Isotope "The Radioactive Menace," Man of Evil.

• ActionYankee
    replied
    I re-took the team photos, now they're completely up to date.

Original Team

L to R: Man of Action (Timeless), Land Adventurer (Vintage), Air Adventurer (Walmart), Sea Adventurer (Vintage), Commander (Vintage), Commander (GIJCC), Adventurer (Vintage), Astronaut (Custom), Man of Action II (GIJCC, Reflocked and Repainted), Atomic Man (GIJCC).

GIJCC Additions

L to R: Foreign Adventurer (Custom), Arctic Adventurer, Man of Asia (Incorrect Outfit), Urban Adventurer, Man of The Sea (Custom Outfit), Comrade of Action (Reflocked), Arcane Adventurer (Modified).

The Whole Team

Only missing a few "honorary members."

Villians

L to R: The Radioactive Menace, The Man of Evil.
    Last edited by ActionYankee; 01-09-2019, 11:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ActionYankee
    replied
    There's a degree of that. There's also mold imperfections. There was something janky going on with the mold that made my Aquanaut, and he's got these interesting lines down his face.

I've incorporated them into his character, and backstory. He got them being a Navy SEAL in Vietnam.

Leave a comment:

• KCE83
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ActionYankee
    replied
    I like a little of the discrepancy, prevents them from looking too much like the same dude.

While the original is second to none, I think the ME/Timeless sculpt is second to that.

I generally don't like the Joe40 sculpt, but occasionally it shines (Redheads and my AT Air Adventurer)

And we open a whole new can of worms when discussing the Action Man repro heads.

VAM40: Alan Hall seemed to use a variety of sculpts, ranging from perfect to strange.

VAM50: Interesting, if a little Nordic looking.

"Child's" Action Man: Looks pretty good through pictures so far.

Then of course there's Geyperman, which can't be counted because they're the same molds from ages ago. And I think Falcon's in the same boat.
    Last edited by ActionYankee; 01-07-2019, 01:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• KCE83
    replied
    Nice collection! I know opinions vary on this, but I think your pics of your vintage Joes next to the others really highlight how the vintage sculpt is superior to any subsequent attempts at re-creation.

Leave a comment:

• ActionYankee
    replied
    I made a couple changes to the production Arcane Adventurer, namely a face repaint.

I honestly can't remember if I posted these changes here, I looked, but couldn't find any sign of it, so here we go.

Belt is a Cotswold piece, now holds his katana at his hip. There's also some black socks on him, that I got from a friend on another site. Don't know what brand they are, but they prevented his skin from showing under his trousers.

Repainted the eyebrows, lips, and scar. Now looks like a vintage Joe.

Leave a comment:

• Myles_Falworth
    replied
    Action Yankee, you have inspired me! I am assembling my vintage Adventure Team, and have thought of displaying them in the ATHQ. My Club AT will have another display area. I'll be sure to take photos and post in a new thread. Your photos are awesome! Great team! The Adventure Team has the situation controlled!

Leave a comment:

• Mike Triumph
    replied
    Great looking Team Action Yankee!

Leave a comment:

• ActionYankee
    replied
    So that just leaves a couple other members that I'm trying to make. (So I don't have to buy them)

"Counter Culture Adventurer"
    And the "Aged Adventurer."

Both fall in to the category of "honorary members," without being full members.

Leave a comment:

• ActionYankee
    replied
    I also have the Arcane Adventurer.

Leave a comment:

• ActionYankee
    replied
    Compared toooo...?

Other vintage Joes?

Or the reproductions?

Leave a comment:

• Aiwaloki
    replied
    Is it me, or does your vintage Joe's have a more mature rugged look. LOL.

Leave a comment:

• ActionYankee
    replied
    A closer look at three of my vintage team members.

Left to Right: Black Adventurer, Land Adventurer, Sea Adventurer.

Black Adventurer

Shirt, trousers, and boots are vintage. Dog Tag, shoulder holster and revolver are reproductions.

Sea Adventurer

Shirt, trousers, dog tag and boots are vintage. Badge, shoulder holster and revolver are reproductions.

Land Adventurer

Shirt, trousers, dog tag and boots are vintage. Badge, shoulder holster and gun are reproductions.

The Sea Adventurer and the Black Adventurer were bought from a friend, with the Sea Adventurer uniform. I already owned the Black Adventurer Uniform, and had bought it with the Land Adventurer many years before.

I also own a vintage Adventure Team Commander, but he's stationed at my parents' house.

I own a complete Adventure Team, but only these three and the Commander are vintage. None of the ones pictured have been reflocked, but the Commander has.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X