• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone remember seeing this 1999 Joe set?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aiwaloki
    started a topic Anyone remember seeing this 1999 Joe set?

Anyone remember seeing this 1999 Joe set?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-GI-...Y&LH_Auction=1

I saw this on Ebay. I don't remember seeing it before.

Last edited by Aiwaloki; 01-06-2019, 09:35 AM. Reason: Forgive me for grammar error of the title. I hit the keys way too fast.

• Forestjoe17
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Forestjoe17
    replied
    Magic Productions were the promoters of the official G.I. Joe conventions before Brian took over. They would also make exclusive Joes for their big toy show in Orlando that were usually held in the late Winter-early Spring. They put on the Chicago show in 1995 where Don Levine announced that Joe would be reintroduced in the Masterpiece Editions. They also put on the 1996 convention at the Kennedy Space Center. That was their last official Hasbro approved convention and what gave Brian the opportunity to finalize the contract between Hasbro and the GIJCC.

Leave a comment:

• J1017d
    replied
    Found this on the web. Haven't posted pics before don' t know if this is right: The GI Joe Collectors' Club Exclusive Continental Color Guard set comes in a box that measures 17"x12.5" and features a painted cover featuring a quintet of marching soldiers from the Continental Army. The box lists the contents on each side, one for the Armed Guard and one for the Color Ensign that come with the set. The bottom left of the box features the logo for the 1999 convention in Washington, DC (the location of the box cover painting.) Click image for larger version

Name:	cg-box-cover.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	2411Click image for larger version

Name:	dcbanner.gif
Views:	1
Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	2410

Leave a comment:

• GI Defender
    replied
    I agree with Dave. Appears to be an obscure show premium using a flocked Master Piece figure most likely picked up at Sams for $9.

Leave a comment:

• ATC
    replied
    Nope. Never saw that one before! It looks like a special convention figure from some regional or local toy expo or convention 20 years ago.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X