• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your current project?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks really cool though! Nice job! I won some parts for my MSV last night. Getting a new radar dish, green locking ring, and a couple of satellites. I also will have some parts for the searchlight. Just need a good housing for it now. Cheers!

Comment

• Good luck collecting the odds and ends!

Comment

• Made some progress on my Stuart. I need to put on Insignia and markings after the paint job below.
        You'll see that I replaced the cannon with a 37 mm anti-tank gun. It looks much better on the Stuart than the original dart-shooting cannon.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200609_171444048~2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	83.9 KB ID:	4213
        Here it is in kangaroo configuration... No turret.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200609_171558491~2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	56.6 KB ID:	4214

I moved all of the electronics out of the way. So the fighting apartment is empty, and ready for detailing.

I can also remove the top of the hull, for access to the interior. I suppose it could be an artillery hauling vehicle or armored personnel carrier in this configuration. I need to dream up an interior that will work when it's in tank configuration as well as artillery hauling or kangaroo configuration. maybe it could be some kind of adventure team vehicle. I don't know yet... That's part of the fun of customizing.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200609_171741406~2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	84.7 KB ID:	4215
        I like versatility! Being able to access the interior of the tank gives it more play value, too!

Last edited by ATC; 06-10-2020, 04:15 AM.

Comment

• Looking good.
          The Joe Collecting "Geek".
          Visit my online art store for some cool art prints:
          www.etsy.com/shop/geekdragonart
          Also follow me on Twitch for some video game goodness at:
          www.twitch.tv/miketheretrogamer
          Want to see my collection? Check out my Instagram:
          www.instagram.com/miketheretrogamer
          Want to see my new art? Check out:
          www.instagram.com/geekdragonart

Comment

• Man it's been a long time since I've picked up anything to work on. I've been diving into work, and getting caught up there after some time off. I don't know when I'll get back to things - but I did receive my repro decals for the MSV, and I also got a white plastic astronaut cap for my talking astronaut. Also got a helmet (missing the microphone) for my tank commander, and the last tent pole I needed for my white tiger set. I'm focusing now on decluttering the house, so I can make more room in my study, and hopefully start getting Joes up on the shelves, and vehicles off the floor. I keep thinking "next weekend", and then the weekend comes and we have so much to do, there's no energy for the basement reorganizing I need to do. Hopefully I'll catch a break soon and make some real progress. Anyway, once I have more done on my projects, I'll post the pics here. I like this forum better for photos cause it's much easier to find them again here. Cheers!

Comment

• I was digging in my Joe boxes I have in the garage a couple of weeks or so ago and found a bag of 5 muscle body Joes I forgot were in there.

I restrung my muscle body Talking Commander and here he is!

Also got another muscle body restrung, this is an Eagle Eye. I have three more to do but ran out of stuff to do them.

Danny(Drquest)
              Captain Action HQ
              Custom Shirts

Comment

• Looking good!

Comment

• My vintage Gi Joe Astronaut jumpsuit arrived today! Now I have the complete uniform. I'll be suiting him up and posting photos very soon. Got the white plastic hat from Joezeta a few days ago.

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	42.4 KB ID:	4265Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	38.1 KB ID:	4262Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	34.4 KB ID:	4264Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	35.2 KB ID:	4263

Here he is. I need to trim some threads on his jumpsuit, but it's nice and clean. I also have a perfect white plastic cap for him. Glad to finally have the entire 1970 Adventure Team outfitted as they were back in the day.
                    Last edited by Myles_Falworth; 08-09-2020, 02:52 AM.

Comment

• I lucked out today. I opened up my Ebay AT search page, and lo and behold! There was a battery terminal I need for the Mobile Support Vehicle with about 30 minutes until auction close, for $12. I snapped it up, and it should be here in a few days. Could not believe my good fortune. Once it arrives, I'll be able to test the MSV and see whether the motor still works. Looking forward to that.

Comment

• Well, Myles? Did it work??? Inquiring Minds want to know...

Comment

• Mail got delayed. New delivery date is tomorrow.

Comment

• Did it come today? Did it work?

Comment

• Delayed again. Maybe Wednesday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Myles_Falworth View Post
                                I'm working on restoring an AT Helicopter. I also am going to work on restoring an ATV, but need the stickers (will buy online) and the mummy's tomb winch (may buy from 3rd son). I'm also going to fix up a green beret uniform that is missing a few buttons and needs the back tabs reattached. Then I'll have two complete green berets (once I find the rifle!).

I too have a long overdue project of restoring an AT Helicopter. I have the parts, just need to polish it up and add decals. My suggestion is to go to Cotswold, and order the decals from AA Designs. A guy who used to post here, ThatBatmanGuy, is Bobby Horne. He makes professional
                                decals. On the ATV, the large AT decal that goes on the front is a bit smaller than original, but you won't be disappointed in the quality. Once I get around to cleaning and polishing my AT copter, I will be getting his decals for it. They are tops. UV resistant and die cut. He was doing this
                                work as a main job, but last I heard from him he had gone into another job. But as I know, he still does a lot of repro decals.
                                By the way, do you know anyone that makes the dickie for the green beret? I only have one, and that is the only piece I am missing. I don't mind repro if you know where to find one.

Last edited by TNshooter; 08-22-2020, 03:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X