• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you "restore" ALL of your Joes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you "restore" ALL of your Joes?

I just wanted to know what other Joe heads do. I (so far) haven't repainted any of the heads on Joes I've gotten. I am sending AT heads in for reflocking if they have large missing patches. For PH Joes, I leave them as is, unless they need restringing. And of course I add missing hands, feet, arms, etc to make sure each figure is complete. What do you do, beyond just adding missing parts to your Joes? Does every Joe get the "treatment?"

I usually don't, but I have restrung one Joe because he desperately needed it and have another one that need his arms restrung and a complete paint job on his head because all the paint is gone, otherwise, I leave then as is.
    The Joe Collecting "Geek".
    Visit my online art store for some cool art prints:
    www.etsy.com/shop/geekdragonart
    Also follow me on Twitch for some video game goodness at:
    www.twitch.tv/miketheretrogamer
    Want to see my collection? Check out my Instagram:
    www.instagram.com/miketheretrogamer
    Want to see my new art? Check out:
    www.instagram.com/geekdragonart

Comment

Depends on the over all condition. Most of my vintage PHs as of late have been bargain pick ups which require extensive repairs such as restringing, repainting ect. I am not too picky when it comes to breathing new life into these figures. I want them to resemble what they looked like new. If and when I decide to get rid of them, folks wont be that interested in the work I did as opposed to the look I achieved.

That said, I do not rework all my Joes. There are still a lot of vintage PHs on my shelves with their original patina.
      - Scott
      PH and Proud
      Bulletmann - Hyatta
      See photos of my collection on my Pinterest Page https://www.pinterest.com/scottbeckmann/gi-joe/

Comment

I agree with Scott... If it's a pretty decent figure, I leave it alone. If it's REALLY a basket case, then I'll repaint, try to fix gouges and scrapes, etc. I'd never resell one of those without full disclosure of the work done. Aw, who I'm I kidding... I wouldn't sell em anyway. My Joe room is like the Roach Motel - they check in but they don't check out!

Comment

I'll do body part swaps, arms etc, if needed. If they have paint or fuzzy hair loss I usually move them on to someone else as I guess I'm getting picky in my later collecting years.
          Danny(Drquest)
          Captain Action HQ
          Custom Shirts

Comment

Working...
          X