• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collecting Goals 2020

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Myles_Falworth
    started a topic Collecting Goals 2020

Collecting Goals 2020

I was searching this evening for the 2019 version of this thread, and couldn't find one. Anyway, maybe my eyes were playing tricks and it's really there. So what are your collecting goals for this year? At new year's, I'll make another post to the thread to see where we all are with our goals.

My goal for this year has been partly achieved. I finally got a B/W Club Action Pilot, and also the AT Fight for Survival set! I'm very excited about both of these, and am not really sure what else to shoot for. I'm hoping to get to another show this year, either Joelanta or maybe back to the Kentuckiana show this year.

I still want the B/W Club Sailor, and I also want to pick up another Sea Adventurer (vintage). I also have about 10 heads in need of flocking. So I guess those are my goals for 2020. A stretch goal might be to acquire a Mobile Support Center in the box. That would be a nice score!

• TNshooter
    replied
    Well, despite the fact I wasn't really looking to collect, I recently won a few things on ebay. I have a Dragon samurai figure I got in a body lot some years ago, and recently got to thinking about doing
    something with him. He was dressed from the waist up, but no pants or shoes. I found him some pants and shoes that I've ordered. Pants arrived today, waiting on the shoes. I also got to thinking
    about how I wouldn't mind having the Navajo Code Talker, won one for $18! And I stumbled across a .45 pistol for Stony Smith, made an offer and got it. And stumbled across some miniature drinks
    for Joe from a chinese seller. Got a neat little stand with a bottle of wine and four glasses. I made an offer on a vintage Joe the seller wants $70 for. I made an offer, they made a counter offer, which
    I refused. His entire chest and left arm is wrapped in masking tape. Which tells me that both will need to be replaced. And I think he might need some touch up paint on his head.

In the meantime I'm watching a couple of auctions on vintage figures.

I will post photos when the stuff comes in.

Daryl

Leave a comment:

• TNshooter
    replied
    I didn't have any collecting goals for the past year, and don't have any for the coming year. Although I did pick up a CY Girls AJ McCleod. I have wanted one for a long time, as I really like the headsculpt.
    I also was able to get a couple of vintage Joes, one turned out to be a Canadian Joe.

My main focus right now is to get some projects done. I have figure projects, vehicle projects and most of all to get some room projects done. I have the Modern AT CC Joes, and I would like to get some
    rooms done for a "new" HQ. I have the '70's HQ for the vintage AT squad, I would like to put together something for the 2000 AT Joes.

Leave a comment:

• Shermanator
    replied
    I didn't have any specific goals for the past year, but I did accomplish one long-term goal I've had for many years, and that was building my own DIY static hair flocking device and flocking a few Joe heads. I watched a few YouTube videos and built one from a Harbor Freight electronic fly swatter and a cheap kitchen strainer from Walmart. For what it is, it works pretty well.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• Myles_Falworth
    replied
    So, it's now 2021! How did you all do with your goals for 2020? I finished all but my "stretch goal" I did acquire the B/W Action Sailor, and also got a couple more Sea Adventurers. The stretch goal turned out to be unaffordable - as I could not get a bid to be accepted on a boxed MSV. But I did buy an MSV, and have been gradually getting the missing parts. I now have a complete MSV, minus the box. I'm still planning to do further restoration on it. But it's on hold for now.

Leave a comment:

• GeekDragon
    replied
    So far I haven't accomplished any of my goals, except my Instagram ones. I always posts goals for the year and never get around to doing them. One of these days..............

Leave a comment:

• Myles_Falworth
    replied
    Well, it's not New Year's yet, but I wanted to update my goals. I did get all of the heads reflocked, and I got the whole set of B/W Club figures too. My stretch goal has been mostly achieved, which was to get the Mobile Support Center. You can see it in my photos in the My Current Projects thread. I didn't get one with the box, but instead opted for a cheaper vehicle, which I've been adding the missing pieces to. It's now complete except for the box, and I'm going to work on replacing a few parts that are either warped or broken. I decided against acquiring a Black Talking Commander this year because of the expense. I may try for one next year (2021) but have other priorities which come first. Biggest one is to completely reorganize my study, and my Gi Joe display areas. Working from home since March has left my workspace cluttered and crowded with files, and I need to take some time to redo everything to make more room, and to make it so I can find everything. While I'm at it, I'll also set up some new display areas for Joe.

Leave a comment:

• GeekDragon
    replied
    I need to add another goal also. Again, not Joe related, but organize my comic collection(it's close to 6000). Luckily, it won't be as bad as when I did it like 5 years ago. It took me 2 weeks. Also, I need to finally read the entire Marvel G.I.Joe comic run. Took me years to complete it. I tried to do it twice, but I always stopped reading in the 60's.

Leave a comment:

• Myles_Falworth
    replied
    I've decided to add another goal for this year. I'm hoping to find a nice Talking Black Commander. Preferably with hard hands. I have the one from the Club, but I'd like to score a vintage one someday. Maybe this will be the year.

Leave a comment:

• GeekDragon
    replied
    So far, the only thing I have done is posting to both my Instagrams and doing a lot of drawing. As far as Joe related goals, only Joe thing I have done(it wasn't in my original post, but it should've been) was getting 2 of the 3 GIJoe comics I needed for the current IDW run. I also need to add one more goal. Redo my vintage 3 3/4" Joe display, because I have added a bunch of new figures and need to make room for them, because the shelf they are one also has my vintage 3 3/4" Star Wars figures on. I really need to take a vacation to knock out some of my goals.

Leave a comment:

• Myles_Falworth
    replied
    It's only a couple of months since my first post in this thread. I've already gotten the B/W Sailor, and I had one of my Sea Adventurers reflocked, so that he looks really nice and practically new. So now I have a total of 4 nice Sea Adventurers. My stretch goal still eludes me. I blew my collecting budget already. I'm trying to think of other Joe stuff I can sell to build up funds for a MSV purchase, except now I want a complete or nearly complete one with a good box. How is everyone else doing with their goals? Updates!

Leave a comment:

• Forestjoe17
    replied

Leave a comment:

• GeekDragon
    replied
    My goals are pretty much the same as there were in years past, except with a few new additions. I need to finish my SOTW German, paint the head of the Joe that I restrung the arms, finish the Search for the Abominable Snowman, Mummy's Tomb, and Hunt for the White Tiger sets, work on my vintage 3 3/4" Joe and Star Wars figures and vehicles, do ALOT more drawing and start selling more art prints on my Etsy shop(I know this isn't really Joe related, but it is a goal), get my YouTube channel up and running, and just have a lot of fun with this and all my other great hobbies. And, keep posting to both my instagrams(my collectables one and my art one).

I will be posting some want lists, so stay tuned.
    Last edited by GeekDragon; 02-07-2020, 07:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X