• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBi Head fitting body question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBi Head fitting body question

I have a Blue Box figure whose head I want to use, but the body is too wide. Do these heads fit any other figures?

Which generation of BBI body is it? If I remember correctly, the G1 bodies neck posts used the same sized socket at the base as a Hot Toys or other kit-bashing nudes on the market. You could just pop the head and neckpost off the BBI body and pop the whole head and neckpots assembly onto most other (Hot Toys compatible) neckless bodies in the market. And I think the G2s worked the same way.

Unfortunately, the G3s and G3.5s were a bit different. The neck post was sculped in such a way as to not always fit so well on some other bodies without dremelling out the hole in the top of the other body go give you enough freedeom of movement. And if you pull the head off of the neck post on a G3 or G3.5 you would reveal a proprietary head connector (i.e., NOT a Hot Toys style ball joint at the top of the neck post--so again you'd have to dremel out the head and insert an adapter to fit the standard ball joint. (The last I checked, you could get these adapters from OneSixthKit.) The G3 & G3.5s weren't exclusive to other bodies; just a bit less care free and needing mods most times.

Comment

Thanks for the tip. I would say it is early, as it is 1999 pat. Pending. I did get the head off, and it is a ball joint under the neck. I am hopefully going the right direction with this.

Comment

Working...
      X