• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would you have improved the foreign soldiers of the world?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would you have improved the foreign soldiers of the world?

The Action Soldiers of the World were pretty cool. But I think they could have been better. If I had been the kahuna at Hasbro,, here's what I would have done:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200927_143033397~2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	196.1 KB
ID:	4403 They gave the German soldier an MP-38 submachine gun, and ammo pouches for k98. They should have just given him a k98. Or SMG magazine pouches. Either way.
    The French resistance fighter? They hit that one spot on! A shoulder pouch or backpack would have been nice, but they still did pretty well with that one.
    The British commando could have been improved with a different model of Sten gun. It's hard to make a nose picker hold that Hasbro sten gun, even harder for a kid to get Joe to hang on to the darn thing! I liked the 21st century variety that had grips a nose picker could actually hold!
    The Australian jungle fighter was the worst equipped of the bunch. The uniform was great, but the accessories? Not so much. Instead of a flamethrower, they should have given the guy a backpack and a Lee-Enfield rifle. And ditch those silly shorts. Give the poor guy long pants so the other Jose don't make fun of his bony knees! Then he would have been great in a wide variety of different play scenarios from deserts to jungles to the remote outback!
    As for the Japanese? Like the French guy, Hasbro pretty much hit that one spot on too. Rifle, bayonet, backpack.... it was a fully equipped soldier right out of the box. I don't have a vintage Japanese Joe, or I would have included it.

What would YOU have done differently with the action soldiers of the world?
    - ATC

I have one SOTW fig, a blonde. I am currently making him a German. So, I too would have given him the correct ammo pouches. I would've added a Russian soldier to the line also, representing all the major countries during the war.
    The Joe Collecting "Geek".
    Visit my online art store for some cool art prints:
    www.etsy.com/shop/geekdragonart
    Also follow me on Twitch for some video game goodness at:
    www.twitch.tv/miketheretrogamer
    Want to see my collection? Check out my Instagram:
    www.instagram.com/miketheretrogamer
    Want to see my new art? Check out:
    www.instagram.com/geekdragonart

Comment

There was a russian, but I don't have one. I bought one years and years ago at a yard sale, with no accessories and a trashed uniform. I came across a French uniform and accessories, and suddenly the Russian defected. The problem with the Russian Joe was that they didn't give him a submachine gun with a drum magazine or a mosin nagant rifle... no, they gave him a goofy light machine gun that nobody's ever heard of!
      ?

Comment

Duh, yeah there was a Russian. Brain fart on my part.
        The Joe Collecting "Geek".
        Visit my online art store for some cool art prints:
        www.etsy.com/shop/geekdragonart
        Also follow me on Twitch for some video game goodness at:
        www.twitch.tv/miketheretrogamer
        Want to see my collection? Check out my Instagram:
        www.instagram.com/miketheretrogamer
        Want to see my new art? Check out:
        www.instagram.com/geekdragonart

Comment

Working...
        X