Thread: CC Joe ID...?

Default CC Joe ID...?

I have two copies of a CC Joe head sculpt that (according to a now-defunct ID page) are known as the Flathead sculpt.

Bosley is my first manfig/Joe sculpt.

This sculpt looks the same, but is smaller/narrower.

I have since gotten duplicates in both sizes. I have not seen that for any other CC Joe sculpt. Is there an official named distinction between these two sculpts?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The second sculpt is not a George sculpt.

Default Re: CC Joe ID...?

As far as I recall, there is no official name for the smaller flathead sculpt. Hasbro got a number of complaints about the size of the heads and hands on the first and second waves of the CC Joes. So, they made a smaller version of the Flathead sculpt and reduced the size of the "Hamhands" . The smaller headsculpts were released after the "Recruit" heads and before the "Adventures of G.I.Joe" reincarnation. Another interesting point was that the original heads and hands were as large as they were so that Hasbro could use the helmets and accessories from the "Hall of Fame" line.

Thanks for the info.

Does anyone know if they made a smaller version of the "Jim" sculpt, too? It was like an AA version of the Flat-head sculpt that was used for the Tuskegee bomber pilot.

The AA Flathead sculpt was reduced in size too. They were released at retail in the same assortment as the smaller Caucasian Flathead sculpts.

I think that I found a reduced "Jim" [AA Flathead] in my collection. It is narrower than the original, but about as tall. The reduced "Flat-head" sculpt is notably shorter than its predecessor.

Thread Information