Default Vietnam bashes

Hope you like them guys, Echo Squad

Default Re: Vietnam bashes

well done!

nice squad. is it a LRRP patrol with all that gear

Nice!

Where'd you get the booney hat? I haven't found one that will fit a Joe head.

Thanks guys for the great feedback, really pleased that you like them.

yes Johnny, that was the goal when I started out with them.

RX, I am sorry my friend I do not know, it was given to me by another member on ammo and it has no markings?

I only see a few details anyone might take issue with, and they are minor - the dogtags and chains should not be visible (nothing rattles, nothing shines) your point man has a stripper clip for an M-1 Garand in his camo band on his helmet, the M16 of the soldier right behind him has that weird late issue AM/Geyperman foregrip, and what on Earth is going on with the ammo belt for the M60?

Other than that, a very cool looking setup, the tall grass and dense foliage in the background screams "Green Hell" to me. Great mix of uniforms and accessories, all that's missing is the bug juice and sweat.

That's actually not from an M-1, that's a different stripper clip. Note that there are five rounds in a single row, where an M-1 is two rows of four.

Quote Originally Posted by Kneon_Knight View Post
    I only see a few details anyone might take issue with, and they are minor - the dogtags and chains should not be visible (nothing rattles, nothing shines) your point man has a stripper clip for an M-1 Garand in his camo band on his helmet, the M16 of the soldier right behind him has that weird late issue AM/Geyperman foregrip, and what on Earth is going on with the ammo belt for the M60?

Other than that, a very cool looking setup, the tall grass and dense foliage in the background screams "Green Hell" to me. Great mix of uniforms and accessories, all that's missing is the bug juice and sweat.
    Hi mate, I am pleased you like the squad. As for the minor issues, It is very hard to get the guys to stand and stay up for such an outside photo and in order to stand the M60 guy up, the only way to balance him was to wind the ammo belt. The clip in the helmet, I figured he had just found it and popped it into his helmet band? The dog tags, well I never really thought about them. I will try and do some more shots at some point and iron out these small errors. Thanks for your feedback.

I like your pics personally. As for the liberty you have taken, I think it is all acceptable. Each person can nit pic all they want but at the end of the day, it is something your imagination conjured and took the time to share. As far as the stripper clip, correct ones are two rows of ten for 20 rds. The rifles you show are correct mags. As far as the stripper clip in the helmet, it looks good.
    Scott

PH and Proud

Bulletmann - Hyatta

Of all the politics on earth there are none as fierce as those of forty year old toy collectors! Caniswalensis

View my GI Joe Collection photos on my Pinterest Page

All photos contained in this message are not to be used without permission of the author

Thanks Scott! really appreciated. It was a great set of figures to bash together and a fun photo shoot, even if they did keep falling over!. Its those vintage knees, they just can't take the weight of all the kit they are carrying .

Thread Information