Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Chicago, home of the Cubs, best team in baseball!!!!!

Default Whats your most favotrite Joe?

This could be from 1964 till now. What is your favorite? Me, I always like Mike Power, since I bought him new and he was one of my first figures. I also really like the Marine decked out in full gear, which I also have. As for the little guys, my favs are V1 Snake Eyes, Breaker, Short Fuse, Helmet and hooded Cobra Commanders, Scrap Iron, and both Cobra(trooper) and Cobra Officer.
    Let's hear from all of you.
    [B]The Joe Collectin' "Geek" Visit my art store: www.etsy.com/shop/geekdragonart

Default Re: Whats your most favotrite Joe?

My first actual GI Joe was a bare rummage sale brown beard muscle body and I dressed him in a Jungle Ordeal jumpsuit that I had bought for Super Joe. That was an awesome figure until the fingers fell off. I also loved my cousin's bearded pilot with the vented back orange jumpsuit.

Super Joe Commander was pretty cool, but was junk - and that's hard on a kid. The aesthetic was awesome. I'm working on my 12" version with a MB.

My favorite little guys are the V2 Snake Eyes, Flash (first RAH I bought), Stalker, Torpedo and (weirdly) Gung Ho. My mom didn't understand why we went to the store to get a snow soldier and I came home with what must have looked like a Tom of Finland figure in teal, but that was a great figure.

Lately I've been collecting the newer Snake Eyes and Stalker figures.

I received an orange sea sled with (brown hair) frogman on my 5th birthday in 1969.
    Ran the set through every body of water I could find growing up.
    He was then retired to the Grandma's basement until 1994 when my nephew discovered him and the rest of the Adventure team members.
    His elastic had fallen apart, the metal hangers were rusted and he was missing a foot.
    Rediscovering and restoring Joe began my adult collecting phase.
    Later
    BEJOE

Mine is the AT Land Adventurer hands down. That's the one I had as a kid. He's lost in the urban jungle somewhere, so I have a replica from the GI Joe Collector's Club which I love. Second place has to be the 40th Joe decked out in the repro Green Beret set.
    Gooooooo Navy! Fight!

bulletman Re: Whats your most favotrite Joe?

My favorite Joe will always be the Marine, he was the first I ever got in 64 on Christmas.

It is very clear when you look at my collection how much I love the Marines as I have 25 dressed out Marines in my collection. More than any other branch in in the Action series. They are followed closely by the Action Sailors who have such awesome accessories with the most play value from the line. The Deep Sea Diver and SCUBA were two childhood favorites as well.

Scott

PH and Proud

Bulletmann - Hyatta

Of all the politics on earth there are none as fierce as those of forty year old toy collectors! Caniswalensis

View my GI Joe Collection photos on my Pinterest Page

All photos contained in this message are not to be used without permission of the author

My most favorite figure is probably my Timeless MOA, an Undercover Agent I got for Christmas probably the same year Dad got his 40th Frogman. He's my first vintage-style figure and I've been trying to make look more vintage. (I've replaced his somewhat broken hands with Geyper Replacements)

Since these pictures I've replaced the rifle with a vintage one, the sticker with a better one, and removed the yellow scar.

He also looks really great in the GIJCC Green Beret set.

All tied for 2nd place is Sean, my first Action Man, my Sea Adventurer, and my custom-made Aquanaut.

Pictures, respectively.

Retro: The Aquanaut--my favorite of all--but almost tied with Mouth of Doom

3 3/4: Zartan

CC: Home for the Holidays

12" RAH: B.A.T.

Club: Man of Evil--the best thing they've ever offered outside of con sets, IMO

I really like Bulletman, too lol.

The astronaut. I guess that might be self-evident.

Okay, more specifically, original 3-zipper first-issue astronaut.
    Daniel

My all time favorite is probably Skydive to Danger- but a REAL close second is the Marine Jungle Fighter.

I never knew about the Marine Jungle Fighter as a kid so Skydive to Danger wins out... hard to beat a parachute guy...
    Always Buying and Sometimes Selling Vintage GI Joe
    www.GIACE.com

Chicago, home of the Cubs, best team in baseball!!!!!

Yes, the Skydive to Danger set is awesome. Not figure related, but the Five Star jeep is great. Took me forever to get one. I am also partial to the RAM, the first RAH motorcycle, which I had to get with Breaker, because he was riding it on the box art(smart move on Hasbro's part).
    [B]The Joe Collectin' "Geek" Visit my art store: www.etsy.com/shop/geekdragonart

Thread Information