Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Whats your most favotrite Joe?

My favorite one?

That's almost like asking which one of my children is my favorite...

My first one [CC Marine Drill Instructor (large Flat-head sculpt)] will always be prominent, but they all fit a particular niche.

I always favored the sea adventurer probably because my neighbor had one and I took the head when his body broke and believe it or not I tore the head off of a double patent pending painted head and substituted the SA. If I only Knew.

Deep Sea Diver of course
    George

Quote Originally Posted by Deep Diver 61 View Post
    Deep Sea Diver of course
    Ooh, that's a great one. I like the Navy ones best because of their variety--they look great displayed.

Mine was the first Adventurer that I got when I was eight years old. He was not my first Joe but he was the first one that I had that looked like me. I still have him and my original Land Adventurer some 46 years later. My second favorite was the U.S. Marshal CC Joe set for personal reasons. Hasbro actually hit a home run with that set because the raid jacket was truly a miniaturized version of what was issued at that time.

My Green Beret.

As a kid, I'd throw my fighter pilot off the balcony, and it was never quite enough room for the chute to properly deploy. Then, the clunking sound. He was well-played with. Now, I love my snow troops - I had the snowshoes and pack as a kid, but never the outfit or helmet. I also think my Navaho Code Talker is one of the coolest Joes ever made. I think every collector should have him.

My original hard hands Sea Adventurer. He's standing on the shelf, I got him an original box which is behind him.

I have 2 favorites right now, my original Action Marine from '64 which I finally retrieved from a bitter and hateful ex with the help of a sympathetic mutual friend, and my AM 40th Anniversary Green Beret that replaces the original that my dog and cat destroyed when I was young. That figure had special significance for me because my grandfather bought it for me - he wanted to recognize the SF soldiers that had helped smuggle his brother and sister in law out of Easter Europe during the early 60s. That Joe never held anything other than a position of pride and honor on my bookshelf - never taken outside, never exposed to any rough and tumble, he stood watch for about three years after gramps passed on. The 40th guy holds a similar place of honor, he was a gift from my sister before her untimely death. Needless to say, I have him in a place secure from the antics and depredations of hyperactive pets.

Thread Information