• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trenches Doughboy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trenches Doughboy

I proudly bought one back in the day and still marvel at how skilled everyone was to recreate such a great piece of history. Mine has never seen action and I am slowly divesting myself of all my collections, but I don't know what to ask for him. I'd like to offer him to a fellow Trenches member before the general public. I don't even remember what we paid for these. Can someone help me out?

I think they were in the ballpark of $130 or so when we put them together. Maybe a little more, but not over $150 as I recall. It is still one of the better board exclusives done. But I am biased. Did you get the add-on winter coat and hat? There were only like 10 of those. Always quick sale at $150-$200. If you have the add-on set, add another $50. But you may get more if you are patient, I saw one go for stupid money once. ($300ish) But that is nowhere near a valid price indicator in my opinion. Good luck.
    - Scott
    PH and Proud
    Bulletmann - Hyatta
    See photos of my collection on my Pinterest Page https://www.pinterest.com/scottbeckmann/gi-joe/

Comment

Thanks, Scott! I don't have the add-on set, so would ask $150 (plus shipping) if anyone is interested.
      Last edited by Ninekatz; 03-27-2023, 06:39 PM.

Comment

That is a great deal! Thought about this last night, may put it into perspective, these were my costs 1n 1996ish.

As I recall:

Head Fred Jeska - $20
        Boots Polo Moreno - $20
        Weapon Brian Vota - $10
        Uniform/soft goods Jeninne Manley - $25
        Foot Locker Don Coffey - $15
        Belt Soldiers Tru Time - $15
        Helmet - John Ivory - $5
        Figure body and some small accessories - Cotswold - $20
        Patches - Dave Tedesco (Patch Hut) - Donated
        "Over There" Sheet Music - Valerie Briggs - Donated
        Personal items John Medeiros - Donated
        Artwork/COA Chris O'Brien - Donated
        29th INF historical cartoons Charlie Bury - Donated

Each figure was $130 to produce. Probably (at the time) $7-$10 to ship priority.
        - Scott
        PH and Proud
        Bulletmann - Hyatta
        See photos of my collection on my Pinterest Page https://www.pinterest.com/scottbeckmann/gi-joe/

Comment

I still have this set for sale. I also have a Trenches watch. Any takers? (I'm not on Ebay.)

Comment

I am really tempted by your offer. I didn't by one back in the day and I still kick myself for it.
            The Joe Collecting "Geek".
            Visit my online art store for some cool art prints:
            www.etsy.com/shop/geekdragonart
            Also follow me on Twitch for some video game goodness at:
            www.twitch.tv/miketheretrogamer
            Want to see my collection? Check out my Instagram:
            www.instagram.com/miketheretrogamer
            Want to see my new art? Check out:
            www.instagram.com/geekdragonart

Comment

I might have a buyer for your doughboy, PM me please.
              - Scott
              PH and Proud
              Bulletmann - Hyatta

Comment

Nina if the doughboy isn't already spoken for, I would like to buy him from you. Thanks!

Comment

Sorry pal, get in line.
                  - Scott
                  PH and Proud
                  Bulletmann - Hyatta

Comment

I believe I am in line. If not, where is the line?

Comment

Not trying to cut in line here. I know there's at least two possibly ahead of me. Don't wish to step on anyone's toes.

Comment

I have a list of folks who want one from when they were made. I have a well known collector and original Trenches member with check book in hand waiting on the replies of my messages. My get in line reply was to let you know I actively trying to work a deal for the figure.
                        - Scott
                        PH and Proud
                        Bulletmann - Hyatta

Comment

Working...
                        X