• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone identify this bivouac tent and backpack

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone identify this bivouac tent and backpack

Click image for larger version

Name:	GEDC0018.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	4135Click image for larger version

Name:	GEDC0023.JPG
Size:	180.9 KB
ID:	4136Click image for larger version

Name:	GEDC0022.JPG
Size:	153.4 KB
ID:	4137Click image for larger version

Name:	GEDC0025.JPG
Size:	234.9 KB
ID:	4138Click image for larger version

Name:	GEDC0021.JPG
Size:	171.3 KB
ID:	4139 I acquired this tent and backpack many years ago in a lot of vintage GI Joe items. They are both patterned after a GI Joe Action Soldier tent and backpack. Neither are tagged. They are both constructed of 2 distinct colors of heavy duty fabric. The round snaps on the tent are of a smaller type and not the larger round snaps seen on Action Man uniforms. I've got these same snaps on some early issue GI Joe uniforms including a TM sailor shirt (see picture). The snaps appear to have combinations of letters and numbers.

I've tried checking out pictures of GI Joe, Action Man, Geyper Man, and even Tommy Gunn but have not found a match. If this is some original owners custom I can't figure out why someone would go to so much trouble when original ones are so cheap?

Frank
Working...
X