• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crash Crew set question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crash Crew set question

I recently bought a Crash Crew outfit from an ebay auction. I messaged the seller, and he claims the outfit (and everything else in the lot) is from his brother's and his collections from the 60's and 70's. The shirt on the outfit doesn't have a strap on it. Also the outfit comes with foil booties, and the face screen is yellow, instead of green. The whole thing feels old though. Can this possibly be a vintage crash crew suit?

Here is a photo of the set (plus other stuff I won)

Comment

I would venture to guess that is a knock off. Just because it is from a childhood collection does not make it authentic Hasbro.

Crash Crew came with silver boots and the gloves have black material in the palms. Also, there was never a yellow face shield to my knowledge. Should be tagged as well.

Here is mine:

As for the lot, the mummy snake and idol look to be Hasbro, but the rest of the stuff appears to be KO. The mittens and booties would go well with an Astronaut though.
      - Scott
      PH and Proud
      Bulletmann - Hyatta
      See photos of my collection on my Pinterest Page https://www.pinterest.com/scottbeckmann/gi-joe/

Comment

Thanks Scott! As you can tell, I'm new to the vintage world. My first few forays have been rewarding, but there are definitely some bumps along the way. There's a lot more stuff in the lot that is nice, but I mostly bought it for the idol and mummy. Always wanted those!

Comment

Also remember, just because it is a KO does not mean it won't display well. The Red Box Deep Sea Diver is well sought after for it's looks. At the end of the day as long as you are happy with it then you did good.
          - Scott
          PH and Proud
          Bulletmann - Hyatta
          See photos of my collection on my Pinterest Page https://www.pinterest.com/scottbeckmann/gi-joe/

Comment

Originally posted by GI Defender View Post
            Also remember, just because it is a KO does not mean it won't display well. The Red Box Deep Sea Diver is well sought after for it's looks. At the end of the day as long as you are happy with it then you did good.
            Absolutely!

That KO Crash Crew set looks fantastic. I don't recall seeing one of these before.

Comment

There's some incredible stuff on the bay!

Comment

Working...
              X