• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Captain Action at SDCC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captain Action at SDCC

Check out the Mars Attacks set for Dr. Evil!

Also Rocketeer prototype was shown
    Danny(Drquest)
    Captain Action HQ
    Custom Shirts

Here is an updated Captain Action head from SDCC. The picture above showed the Round 2 head and they are not involved this time:

Here is a picture of the Captain as the Rocketeer:

Comment

Quick update: According to Figures.com it will be a uniform set that will be offered. I'll get it but would have loved a new figure as well. I did like that new head sculpt

Comment

Wow!!! I'm really looking forward to these.

Comment

Curious on what the other figures were that were previewed. Saw a pic on facebook and I could see the packaging had like 6 listed but could not make out what they were, (Space suit, Mars Attacks and Rocketeer plus three more)

I have two of the Round Two Captains still boxed but honestly was never impressed with them as their joints were so loose and they won't hold a pose for anything. Only figures in my collection that every figure has a stand. But I may buy these outfits for some of my Joes to wear. The Round Two guys can be the Martians. . .
          - Scott
          PH and Proud
          Bulletmann - Hyatta
          See photos of my collection on my Pinterest Page https://www.pinterest.com/scottbeckmann/gi-joe/

Comment

Hi all!

Only the Captain Action spacesuit, the Dr. Evil Mars Attacks set, and the Rocketeer set are being previewed at the convention. During their panel on Thursday afternoon, they showed a pictures of a mock-up of a Black Terror costume in a box, as well as pictures of a mock-up boxes for Madman and the Golden Age Daredevil. The booth where they're at on the con floor has an image on the back wall designed to evoke the feel of the back of Captain Action boxes with the six costume sets listed on it, along with a black silhouette of a "Mystery Hero."

James

Comment

Looking forward to these!

Comment

Also these are not being produced by Round2, but the costumes will fit the Round2 bodies as well as other 1/6 scale. No figures are currently planned for these, so costume only at this time.
                Danny(Drquest)
                Captain Action HQ
                Custom Shirts

Comment

I thought the "Mystery Hero" silhouette looked like "The Spirit" and I noticed their Facebook page had a recent entry that was promoting a traveling Will Eisner exhibit. I may be creating a false equivalency out of coincidence, but if that is the case, it is purely because I would LOVE to see Captain Action as The Spirit.

Comment

Heck, I'm just happy to see The Rocketeer uniform set!

Comment

Anyone know if this is still going to happen or how close we might be to seeing them?

Comment

I think they faded out.

Comment

Hi all!

Assuming they have another Captain Action panel during the con, which takes place in a few weeks, we might have some sort of update on these. We'll just have to wait and see.

James

Comment

Oh man... I want my Rocketeer!

Comment

The word is it is still being planned to happen. Most likely these are going to be low production quantities.
                              Danny(Drquest)
                              Captain Action HQ
                              Custom Shirts

Comment

Working...
                              X