• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New use for broken Johnny.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New use for broken Johnny.

I think we all have Johnny West figures breaking down and falling apart over time. What good are they? I decided to put the Johnny West head on a GI Joe body. Johnny West wasn't very posable, so I used the CC Joe body for the JW Noggin. Plus the huge CC hands sort of reminded me of the Johnny West hands. The CC body seems like a natural choice for JW.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20180813_130315631~2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	120.6 KB ID:	1491
    I cut off the JW neck post and used my Dremel tool to make a cavity the right size to fit on the CC neck post. I was very careful when I made the hole in the neck, so it would be a pressure fit when I heated the noggin. The head fits very tight on the neck post and doesn't spin but the entire neck post spins in a ball joint on the CC figure, so JW still has a full range of motion in his neck. I added an ME uniform, 40th field jacket, Cots boots, footlocker Garand, a ''clicky Joe" helmet, and a knock-off ammo belt from the junk box.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20180813_131214539_LL~2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	55.8 KB ID:	1492
    Johnny West, U.S. Army, reporting for duty!
    - ATC
    Last edited by ATC; 08-14-2018, 10:42 PM. Reason: I corrected the spelling. The stupid voice-to-text phone doesn't know the difference between Judy Garland and an M1 Garand. Ha!

Coooooooollllll

Comment

Nice. Always recycle.
      The Joe Collecting "Geek".
      Visit my online art store for some cool art prints:
      www.etsy.com/shop/geekdragonart
      Also follow me on Twitch for some video game goodness at:
      www.twitch.tv/miketheretrogamer
      Want to see my collection? Check out my Instagram:
      www.instagram.com/miketheretrogamer
      Want to see my new art? Check out:
      www.instagram.com/geekdragonart

Comment

A new lease of life for the head, nice work!
        Fall in A, fall in B, fall in all the company!

Comment

Hi all!

Very nice! He's like a 21st century Buddy Charlie!

???????James

Comment

Working...
          X