• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My latest pickup.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My latest pickup.

I went to the first day of the Chicago Comicon and came across a booth that had 12" vintage GIJoes, Action Man and Action Force. In the 25 years of going to comicons, I have never seen this many 12" figures. I may see one every 3 years or so. This guy probably had 20 figures total. All with pretty good prices around 150-200 with a boxed talking astronaut for $399.99. Anyways, I bought one. Had $175 on it, but he gave it to me for $160. The box is rough, but the paper work is in great shape as is the figure. Really clean and nice with next to no paint rubs and 1 stress crack on the left upper thigh. I'm happy with it. My first boxed vintage figure. I have most of the Navy Attack set so I may deck him out more or display him in the box. What you all think I should do? Don't know where to display the box yet. I don't want to damage it anymore. BTW, Im going to the con 3 more days so I'll see all this vintage goodness a few more times.
    The Joe Collecting "Geek".
    Visit my online art store for some cool art prints:
    www.etsy.com/shop/geekdragonart
    Also follow me on Twitch for some video game goodness at:
    www.twitch.tv/miketheretrogamer
    Want to see my collection? Check out my Instagram:
    www.instagram.com/miketheretrogamer
    Want to see my new art? Check out:
    www.instagram.com/geekdragonart

- Scott
    PH and Proud
    Bulletmann - Hyatta
    See photos of my collection on my Pinterest Page https://www.pinterest.com/scottbeckmann/gi-joe/

Comment

Yeah I thought about the fact he may not fit with the vest. The box does have water damage. But like I said, the figure itself is clean and the paper work is nice. Also, in the manual is written in pencil "John Hicks", which I'm assuming is the original owner. So, alittle history with him. I'll post some more pics of him when I get a chance.

Comment

Comment

I usually pull stuff out of the boxes and play with the Joes I wouldn't have much use for the box at all.

Comment

It's a vintage box, gotta keep it.. My biggest problem is where exactly to display him. I'll probably dress him in the Navy Attack set. I'll do it sometime this week and post a few more pics of him.

Comment

Ok, playing around with this guy. Found out that his shirt is tagged Japan. I also have a dirty one tagged Hong Kong(which I need to clean. What is the best way to clean a shirt?)Is the Japan tag a earlier version? All the Joe clothes I have are tagged Hong Kong(that I remember. I need t double check now). Also, I did deck him out in a Navy Attack vest with binoculars. I need to find my signal flags and my signal light. Only thing I do not have is the helmet. I also noticed he a stress crack on his left arm about half way up. It's actually sounds worse then it is. I've dealt with worse. Other then that, he is really clean with no hair rubs. I will take some more pics. I'm proud of him. I need to get my Marine out now, which is all decked out also and put these 2 together when my Navy guy is done.

Comment

Greaty looking pickup, dog tag too, very nice!
                Fall in A, fall in B, fall in all the company!

Comment

Working...
                X