• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tonka Bronco Restoration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

That dark green Rover uses for their off road vehicles would look great on one of these for GI Joe!

Comment

This is an awesome project, looking forward to your results!
        Visit my You Tube Channel to view my repair videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCutloOkBc0m6l_ePONmhYrw?view_as=subscriber

Comment

Wire Brush Cup on Cordlesss Drill
          follow with a Coat of Naval Jelly
          rinse Gray Prim Paint

Comment

Picked up one of these, they are too cool

TONKA BRONCO by The Skull, on Flickr
            Visit my You Tube Channel to view my repair videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCutloOkBc0m6l_ePONmhYrw?view_as=subscriber

Comment

• ATC
              ATC commented
              Editing a comment
              Looks like Suzuki Samurai for Joe! Cool!

Thread revival: just scored one of these on ebay Left side decal looks like he had a collision. Right side decal looks great. I don't see any rust, and it looks like it's in great shape overall! Luggage rack on rear is cool, but not sure how I'm going to use it yet. I have no spare tire or Jack. This is a cool GI Joe peace. I'm surprised I didn't know about it sooner!
              Last edited by ATC; 09-17-2020, 10:29 PM.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200918_130006321~2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	149.5 KB
ID:	4372Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200918_130152804~2.jpg
Size:	174.0 KB
ID:	4371Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200918_130015560~2.jpg
Size:	213.9 KB
ID:	4370

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200918_130047479~2.jpg
Size:	208.1 KB
ID:	4373

Original plan was to paint this yellow and make it an adventure team vehicle. It is in such good shape that I don't think I will do that anymore. It's pretty cool the way it is!
            - ATC
            Last edited by ATC; 09-18-2020, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ATC View Post

Original plan was to paint this yellow and make it an adventure team vehicle. It is in such good shape that I don't think I will do that anymore. It's pretty cool the way it is!
              - ATC
              I agree, looks to be in great shape!

Comment

This is very interesting--I didn't even know Tonka did 1/6 scale.

Comment

Originally posted by ATC View Post

- ATC
                  I'm glad you're going to keep it original ATC, that is a great specimen of a Tonka Bronco! It's in great shape. When I have time to dig out my Tonka's, I will get photos. The one I got the decals were only half there,
                  so I removed them. Otherwise it's in the shape I got it in, with the original paint. My plan was to use it as an adversary vehicle. It has scrapes and scratches where rust is showing, kinda like an old work truck. I thought
                  it would be good as an old vehicle used for battle, which I'm sure it has seen.

Daryl

Comment

Nice that Joe has a a safe divided highway to cruise on! Big rocks though. Someone should bulldoze that! Maybe Tonka can help.

Comment

That's a right-of-way through the cornfield. We have such things here in the Midwest... And it does make a cool GI Joe road!
                      Last edited by ATC; 09-22-2020, 03:45 AM.

Comment

I picked up a spare tire on eBay, and used a Soldiers of the World jerry can to fill the cargo rack on the Tonka Bronco.
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200923_151606263~2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	70.4 KB ID:	4390

I had to modify the Jerry can to make it fit the Tonka cargo rack.
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200923_151551589~2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	42.3 KB ID:	4388
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200923_151540491~2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	46.5 KB ID:	4389

Now it fits great!
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200923_151632333_BURST000_COVER_TOP~2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	85.7 KB ID:	4391 - ATC

Comment

Very cool ATC!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X