• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to convert super articulated bodies for use with GI Joe heads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to convert super articulated bodies for use with GI Joe heads

Here's my system for mounting a head on a Dragon body. This was posted on the old Trenches so I'm bringing it back for those into such mods. This method requires no permanent modification of the donor bodies, just whatever is serving as the neck connection to the head.

Use a dremel tool with the 1/4 rotary cutter to bore out a Cotswold reproduction neck ball (please don't grind up vintage parts!).

Mount. I like to use a glue gun so the mount isn't permanent. There's enough surface area for the glue to not be fragile, though.

Paint to match.

This one was done with a typical Hot Toys type body. The head is a casting that I extended the neck with more resin, then drilled and bore open with the Dremel to form a receptacle for the neck ball post.

A solid fit - one drop of glue will do it.

Mounted with detail paint.
    Last edited by RX-79G; 08-27-2018, 05:37 PM.

Cool system, thanks for sharing!

Comment

Cool mod! Thanks for posting!

Comment

That's a good customizing system and easy enough for most to try out, thanks for posting this.
        Fall in A, fall in B, fall in all the company!

Comment

Thanks for sharing! I'll give it a try!

Comment

I have to try this out.

Comment

Working...
            X