• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help removing Dragon t-shirt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help removing Dragon t-shirt

So, Dragon bodies do not have appear to have joints that pull apart, and the t-shirts are tight fitting. So I can't figure out how to take the shirt off because it doesn't seem to want to stretch enough to get over the shoulders without tearing.

My best guess is wetting the shirt to make it stronger and stretch more. Unless there is some way of removing more of the figure's arms than just the hands.

Thanks!

Try spraying on Silacone Lubericant

Comment

Silicone won't stain the shirt?

Comment

No it light clear leaves no residue.

Comment

I would not recommend spraying any type lubricant on the cloth as it may damage the material. I don't think it is ever a good idea to use a lubricant on soft goods, especially silicone or oil based.

What I would do is remove the head and wet the shirt then remove it by slipping it over one arm at a time. I have removed several over the years, I remember the shoulder joints being able to take the pressure of the removal but over the years Dragon joints do seem to get brittle..
          - Scott
          PH and Proud
          Bulletmann - Hyatta
          See photos of my collection on my Pinterest Page https://www.pinterest.com/scottbeckmann/gi-joe/

Comment

I ended up wetting the t-shirt with water. Aside from not really wanting to test the invisibility of silicone, I didn't think silicone would increase the fabric's strength like water does.

The essential problem is that the shirt's chest circumference is much less than the circumference of the figure's shoulders. The strength of the figure's shoulder joints isn't an issue. The wet shirt stretched a little more without the armpit seams busting as it felt like they would dry.

The figure I put the shirt on has "shoulder blade" mobility, which allows the shoulder circumference to decrease as the shirt goes on and off. The Dragon shoulders are fixed in place.

Comment

Working...
            X