• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recent Move and a few acquisitions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent Move and a few acquisitions

My wife and I moved last month. It was the culmination of a hectic summer; but it means that we now have a larger house; and I get a mancave!

I was also able to pick up a few new pieces due to a club meeting; an accidental ebay purchase and an antiquing trip.

The club meeting was a great time; and the host, Art has one of the most extensive vintage collections that I know of.

I picked up a very nice space capsule and accessories for my talking MOA

I also grabbed a nice fully equipped Stony Smith; and gave him a job!

Stony wasn't the only Marx acquisition. I had placed a bid on a Buddy Charlie on EBay; and had forgotten about it. I won it; and gave him some new gear to replace his smoke-smelling uniform.

I also transferred Captain Action to the Hussars:

After a housewarming party on Sunday, we went to Maine on Monday to have one last Summer trip. I had luck antiquing there in the past, but figured I had little chance of getting anything. We went to only one major antique store, but it was having a sale...

Quickly found a driver!

-Nate

Great finds.
    The Joe Collecting "Geek".
    Visit my online art store for some cool art prints:
    www.etsy.com/shop/geekdragonart
    Also follow me on Twitch for some video game goodness at:
    www.twitch.tv/miketheretrogamer
    Want to see my collection? Check out my Instagram:
    www.instagram.com/miketheretrogamer
    Want to see my new art? Check out:
    www.instagram.com/geekdragonart

Comment

Great looking new Joe room Nate, and some quality pick ups too!

Comment

Hi Glidah Drivah,

You have a nice tidy display there, some great looking Joes and other figures, your Joe room looks very clean, fresh and modern looking, well done on your Joe collection so far, I especially like the jeep trailer searchlight....

My Joe/AM/MAM Room looks totally out of control and very untidy, i have totally forgotten what i have stashed away since 2009, I tried to do a bit of tidying up Saturday last, but gave up after an hour, it was too much for me, i had to wear a protective mask for the dust, I keep everything protected from dust in large black plasic bags.

clivvers/amwic.
        Fall in A, fall in B, fall in all the company!

Comment

Working...
        X