• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Green Beret Uniform - which one do you prefer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

I've always preferred the green uni over the camo version. I've got an old National Geographic magazine with a lone soldier wearing that exact uniform, so it feels more authentic to me. The lack of detail on the camo uni is also a strike against it.

Comment

Nice Joe @ ActionYankee.
        Fall in A, fall in B, fall in all the company!

Comment

Great pics everyone!

Comment

• amwic
            amwic commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice example Jim, good background image too.

To tell the truth i still don't have a Joe/AM Green beret outfit, I had it back in the day and was up there with my favourites.. These days I only a have a modern outfit version which is still carded ( I think it's a Elite Soldier version) it's somewhere amongst my stash, I last saw it about 4 years ago lol!

I prefer the solid green. The camo is better suited for Marines.

Comment

I have the original Camo set mixed in with several green ,but my favorite is the green outfit.

Comment

Any opinions on which boots should go with the vintage Hasbro solid green uni? I think my one Green beret is wearing tall brown ones. Of course, nothing wrong with using the boots you like best!

Comment

Originally posted by Unveiled View Post
                Any opinions on which boots should go with the vintage Hasbro solid green uni? I think my one Green beret is wearing tall brown ones. Of course, nothing wrong with using the boots you like best!
                Brown coloured high top boots are the normal ones supplied with the official GB outfit, but I personally think black coloured ones look good too, and don't forget you can even use short length boots as well, it's down to personal choice.
                Fall in A, fall in B, fall in all the company!

Comment

Again, if we look to history, black boots are what was used in Nam. Or those two-tone jobs. Hasbro never did those until the Classic Collection though.

Of' course, history also tells us that the Green Beret needed a green pistol belt instead of a tan one. US Army stopped using Tan belts after WWII, which makes me think that the GI Joe sets are mostly Korean Based, as all the soldier and marine sets feature green cartridge belts.

Comment

The FAO Schwarz Green Beret/Special Forces boxed figure had an OD version of the vintage jungle fatigues, which is more historically accurate, and a for Joe's 50th, the Collector's Club released a version sporting the iconic Tiger Stripe uniform. Of the bright green 40th Anniversary sets, I prefer the Action Man version which had an actual firing bazooka - apparently, British collectors are smart enough not to point a projectile launcher at their face.

As far as the duck hunter camo, you can bash a full squad of SF as long as you have enough berets to go around.

Comment

Working...
                    X