• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

70's Joes and AM as ARAH characters (customs)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup, they are all still WIP to a point, just wanted to show the idea off and get feedback, I could improve them a lot but was also just keeping down cost. I will work on them as time goes on and have more planned, I will keep you guys posted on progress
    Visit my You Tube Channel to view my repair videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCutloOkBc0m6l_ePONmhYrw?view_as=subscriber

Comment

Very nice!!

Comment

Is it possible to do Flash and Stalker.
        Doc .Snow Job.
        and maybe get more of those cool Helmets.

Comment

Awesome idea what would you use for Helmets?

Comment

Originally posted by Gforce121262@yahoo.com View Post
            Awesome idea what would you use for Helmets?
            If you're talking about my idea, I'm not sure. The point would be to have helmets that were unique looking and all the same (except for color - Zap's helmet matched his brighter green fatigues).

I'd probably start with something like Cots tanker or German paratroop/flyer helmets and modify them. Joe has a big noggin, so the choices are more limited if you don't want to start from scratch.

I don't know if I would do 1983 figures, because the first gen was purposely made from very few molds, which is why there were only two kinds of boots and 5 male heads. And that is very similar to how there were only a few kinds of faces for the original Joes. By 1983 the team uniforms stopped being at all similar and it was anything goes. Snowjob makes sense - that's a Sea Adventurer in white. But the rest of them have all individual faces and wildly varying clothing.
            Last edited by RX-79G; 10-30-2018, 12:43 AM.

Comment

If I can you could try Plastic Easter Helmet.
              modified.
              Cast Alex Ross
              glue on with R.T..V
              for raised detail

Comment

The tank Helmet would work .
                if you look at Docs Bio Card this for example looks like that shape.
                this Red and White.

and the German Para Trooper
                remind of the 1/6 Scale Base Ball Helmet
                I trim off the Brim

and added rear Skirt.
                from a Plastic Easter Egg Cone Shape Section
                maybe modifieing the Cots Helmet with Milliput
                or Magic or Apoxie Sculp or Green Stuff.

Comment

I've seen some of these figures previously on another forum and thought they were great. Still do. I don't think they should be compared to scratch-built customs, but in my opinion as kit-bashes using available parts they're a very fun look at what Hasbro might have done with the older style figures had the RAH characters been created in the 70s. Very well executed. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by oliver View Post
                    I've seen some of these figures previously on another forum and thought they were great. Still do. I don't think they should be compared to scratch-built customs, but in my opinion as kit-bashes using available parts they're a very fun look at what Hasbro might have done with the older style figures had the RAH characters been created in the 70s. Very well executed. Thanks for sharing.
                    Thank you very much, that's the idea exactly
                    Visit my You Tube Channel to view my repair videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCutloOkBc0m6l_ePONmhYrw?view_as=subscriber

Comment

Now you guys go me THINKING
                      ALONG those Lines

Comment

Iam still playing around with Easter Eggs and had success
                        now iam also using The Caps from my Wifes Rollons
                        I already made a Alien Helmet and a Cobra Trooper Helmet.
                        I use Red 3 D Paint to Draw the Cobra Symblo

Comment

Working on a new one, Gung Ho, still very much a WIP but I thought you guys would like a look
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	gung ho wip.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	3036

Comment

I used the head sculpts from the clickie Joe RAH line on Super articulated Hasbro bodies, and made a German Special forces team. I took their helmets off so you can see them better.
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190329_161821169~2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	138.8 KB ID:	3039Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190329_162010554~2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	144.1 KB ID:	3040 I never liked the real American hero line, and actually despise the miniature GI Joes (with a passion) but couldn't pass on these 1/6 head sculpts. There wasn't much on the market at the time, and these looked pretty cool. I'm sure those head sculpts all had funny cartooney names. If they had names now, theytwould probably be names like Otto, Helmut, Ludwig, Klaus, or Hans. ?

Comment

Those looks fantastic, yeah the HOF line produced some awesome heads, some of my favorites, I do personally love the line you hate, only line of GI Joe I do not like at all is the sigma 6 line, that was total garbage IMO.

Comment

It's probably an age thing. When the adventure team first came out I thought they were a bunch of hippies (Beards? Are you kidding???) I missed the military stuff! Thank goodness for yard sales in the 70's! When they shrunk Joe down to a teeny tiny plastic army man, they had REALLY gone too far! Fortunately when the Sigma 6 came and went, I never even noticed. I guess I'm an old curmudgeon. (I still haven't completely accepted those newfangled fuzzheads as "vintage," but don't tell anybody!) ?
                                Last edited by ATC; 03-30-2019, 03:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X