• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Custom Bald Marine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Custom Bald Marine

    Hi guys,
    I was pleased with how this came out, its my custom Bald Marine, head is from New Creation Studios on facebook,

    Custom Bald Marine by The Skull, on Flickr

    Custom Bald Marine by The Skull, on Flickr

    Custom Bald Marine by The Skull, on Flickr

    Custom Bald Marine by The Skull, on Flickr
  • #2

    Interesting. The facebook page, of course, doesn't say what it is New Creation exactly does.

    Is that a doctored 40th Action Man head, or something else? It looks like the skin tone is painted.

    What did the head cost?

    Comment

    • #3

      Originally posted by RX-79G View Post
      Interesting. The facebook page, of course, doesn't say what it is New Creation exactly does.

      Is that a doctored 40th Action Man head, or something else? It looks like the skin tone is painted.

      What did the head cost?
      They create custom 1/6 scale figures, if you see something you like you just message them, mostly heads or full figures, Head is custom painted and made of resin. The head was 60 shipped and also came with the custom neck plug. It is a reworked eagle eye head made by them to be the villain Claw one eye red, I requested it be painted as you see now, wait time is 2 weeks.

      Here is the original

      Comment

      • #4

        Interesting that they are able to cast all the parts of a EE head.

        Someday I'm going to build an EE head from a casting of the 1964 head with my own internal parts. But that's not going to happen anytime soon.

        Comment

        • #5

          Originally posted by RX-79G View Post
          Interesting that they are able to cast all the parts of a EE head.

          Someday I'm going to build an EE head from a casting of the 1964 head with my own internal parts. But that's not going to happen anytime soon.
          I took one apart, if you use goof off super glue remover it will release the factory glue hold the 2 parts together

          Here's my video


          Comment

          • #6

            Great tip Peter .
            it looks great .
            Bald looks gives him a whole different feek.
            and ever have to repair a Eagle Eye .
            It well come in handy

            Comment

            • #7

              Originally posted by The Skull View Post

              I took one apart, if you use goof off super glue remover it will release the factory glue hold the 2 parts together
              I took a 40th AM EE head apart, and it was surprisingly poorly constructed and painted. The basic design is a compromise between cost, the ability to fit on a standard neck post and locating the lever unobtrusively low. But if you're working with a solid resin head and neck, then you can make the mechanism much simpler and put the lever in the same plane as the eyes.

              This is the goal:

              Comment

              • #8

                Originally posted by RX-79G View Post

                I took a 40th AM EE head apart, and it was surprisingly poorly constructed and painted. The basic design is a compromise between cost, the ability to fit on a standard neck post and locating the lever unobtrusively low. But if you're working with a solid resin head and neck, then you can make the mechanism much simpler and put the lever in the same plane as the eyes.

                This is the goal:
                Interesting, Like I show in the video if you made it a joystick instead of the lever you can actually make the eyes look in any direction similar to the hot toys pers system.

                Comment

                • #9

                  Comment

                  • #10

                    Originally posted by The Skull View Post

                    Interesting, Like I show in the video if you made it a joystick instead of the lever you can actually make the eyes look in any direction similar to the hot toys pers system.
                    It depends how big a hole you want in the back of the head for a joystick. However, part of the reason the EEs so often look cross eyed or disturbed is because they do move in two planes. People are very sensitive to where others' eyes are pointed, and the EE mechanism isn't very precise. That's why I want to build one that only goes left right with metal internals and the nicer looking headsculpt of the original Joe.

                    Comment

                    • #11

                      Originally posted by RX-79G View Post

                      It depends how big a hole you want in the back of the head for a joystick. However, part of the reason the EEs so often look cross eyed or disturbed is because they do move in two planes. People are very sensitive to where others' eyes are pointed, and the EE mechanism isn't very precise. That's why I want to build one that only goes left right with metal internals and the nicer looking headsculpt of the original Joe.
                      That sounds awesome, would love to see it done, good luck on your project.

                      Comment

                      • #12

                        Get a chrome pen, make him into Destro.

                        Comment

                        • #13

                          Originally posted by ActionYankee View Post
                          Get a chrome pen, make him into Destro.
                          I was thinking more Gung Ho but that could work too

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X
                          Back to Top