• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flocking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flocking

Started doing my own flocking this year. First efforts were with a UK-sourced hand flocker. Did not like to flock Blonde fibers at all. Finally got it to work (to some extent) with blonde fibers by jacking the voltage to the unit.

soaking in Denatured Alcohol / water mix to help remove flock

first attempts at blonde only came out grey

Browns much easier to apply

after voltage increase Blue-eyed Blondes are all ActionMan heads

getting a decent Blonde mix is not easy (ActionMan heads again)

Reds also not so difficult as Blonde

After this, I finished the cabinet I had made & built a fixed unit flocker following Ray's directions. MUCH better results. Thicker flock application & better Blonde

Using Mike Power heads for test purposes, I have many of them to waste

Blonde is not same as Joe, but I'm OK with the mix I've come up with now.

two version Adventurer flocks

Added to bodies I recently put back together

Last edited by lookforjoe; 03-31-2018, 01:55 AM.

Very nice photos. This flocking business is like an art to me. I couldn't do it. I paid to have mine redone. Yours look great.

Comment

• lookforjoe
      lookforjoe commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. The process is not so difficult, but the cost of materials to make the equipment and supplies is a fair amount. If I didn't have hundreds of Joes and ActionMan, I probably wouldn't have bothered myself.

Great work LFJ! Its always great to see the boys back to their former glory! I particularly like the blonde mix you have come up with.

Comment

• lookforjoe
      lookforjoe commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! I'm pretty happy with the Blonde finally!

Excellent work there, you've done a fine job, you also have a nice collection of figures.
    Fall in A, fall in B, fall in all the company!

Comment

Really cool stuff! Great job!

Comment

Originally posted by amwic View Post
        Excellent work there, you've done a fine job, you also have a nice collection of figures.
        Most of my loose figures live in these boxes. I typically only have 30 or so out & about at any given time. Click image for larger version

Name:	276_D28_E9-6_B75-4383-_B6_C2-118_A0_DB05266.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	305

Comment

That's a very impressive stash you have there @ lookforjoe, my store room is a bit similar, it's a pain though when you need something from the bottom box and you have to shift a mountain to get to it.. I've been slowly transferring figures from boxes into transparent plastic tubs, because some boxes are starting to collapse under the weight of those on top.

Comment

Very nice work, it reminds me I need to get a few flocks done for customs.

Comment

Originally posted by amwic View Post
              my store room is a bit similar, it's a pain though when you need something from the bottom box and you have to shift a mountain to get to it.. I've been slowly transferring figures from boxes into transparent plastic tubs, because some boxes are starting to collapse under the weight of those on top.
              Last edited by Unveiled; 04-08-2018, 11:56 PM.

Comment

Unveiled,

It's a never ending story with trying to keep storage neat and tidy, good luck.

Comment

Working...
                X