• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GIJOE Club - Big Bang!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GIJOE Club - Big Bang!!

There was an interesting discussion in a 3.75 inch Joe forum about the final 12 GIJOE figure selection. Some people were disappointed. It wasn't that they disliked the figure choices, but they wanted to be blown out of the water since it was the end of the club. I can related, as I heard a similar discussion about the B&W Joes. If resources were available and the item could be sold cheap, what would you have done for the final blow out?

For me, a vehicle would have been cool. I like the idea of a matching trailer for the ATV, so we could finally hitch something official to its backend.

I also thought about an AT version of the Defender Strong point set. Where Joe had to hold out against a group of bad guys while his companions tried to retreat with the "item" and return with help for Joe.

I also love idea of 1976 6 Pack - All the 1976 card sets reissued: Thrust into Danger, Secret Courier, Green Danger, Long Range Recon, Buried Bounty and Divers Distress.

Last figure ----- Bullet Man !!! or maybe an Intruder.

What's your BANG??

Bullet man.

Comment

In my opinion, Bullet Man is kind of a wimper rather than a bang. He's just so darned silly.

That said, I do enjoy someone's head-Canon that he was an out of work actor that hung around the team for the last year. Might even incorporate it into my storyline.

Anyway, while the Black and White Joes are neat, I would have preferred a last Adventurer figure.

I've always had the idea for a "Talking Foreign Commander," using the foreign head, flocked in brown with a beard (which we haven't had), and using the Canadian talking Adventurer Team Commander voice box, which issued commands in French.

Comment

I would have liked a reproduction (and updated) version of the Adventure Team HQ.

Comment

I don't understand why they never put out an Air Security set. Also the 1967 Nurse would have also been well received.
          Danny(Drquest)
          Captain Action HQ
          Custom Shirts

Comment

http://www.gijoeclub.com/forums/show...nd-Accessories

Comment

Yeah I forgot about that one, didn't look too bad, but no AS radio with it unfortunately.
              Danny(Drquest)
              Captain Action HQ
              Custom Shirts

Comment

I was hoping for the G. I. Nurse. Even if it was made with the modern body like the helicopter pilot. The black and white figure was a big letdown for me.

Comment

Knowing Brian and knowing he likes coming in under budget, I would have loved to have seen the Air Sea Rescue 40th set and the remaining Ski Patrol that were never made. Also the last Navy small card, Breeches Buoy, and the Bivouac Sleeping bag set. Shux, even without the figure I would have snatched these up in a second. Most of the patterns and Dyes were made but the sets never produced. That way we could have finished the 40ths as Hasbro and the Club intended. Don't get me wrong, I love the black and white figures, but not as the final "hurrah". As much as I would have liked to have seen a repro bulletman or nurse, glad they didn't do them. Some things are better left alone.
                  - Scott
                  PH and Proud
                  Bulletmann - Hyatta
                  See photos of my collection on my Pinterest Page https://www.pinterest.com/scottbeckmann/gi-joe/

Comment

Originally posted by Aiwaloki View Post

I also love idea of 1976 6 Pack - All the 1976 card sets reissued: Thrust into Danger, Secret Courier, Green Danger, Long Range Recon, Buried Bounty and Divers Distress.

Comment

Working...
                    X