• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the oddest condition you've found a Joe in?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the oddest condition you've found a Joe in?

So I recently won an auction that had what appeared to be four vintage Joes in it, I noticed they appeared to have Cotswold heads and hands and were oddly rusty, but the price was cheap enough I went for it. I just got them and that's exactly what it was as well as seemingly been restrung, except the rust and pin damage was to the point I thought they had been through a flood. So I assumed they had been in a water years ago, someone got them bought replacement pieces and restrung them without cleaning them for some reason. Except two of them didn't have feet, and on inspection there is rust on the Cotswold parts as well. So I can't figure out what happened to these guys.

So long story short whats the strangest or at least most confusing state you've found a Joe in?

Jersey...of all places. ; )

Comment

Worst condition Joes came fom a yard sale - someone had used them for target practice with a shotgun! Most of the Joe stuff in the Box I just threw away. But there were a lot of things in the box that were salvageable, including a land adventurer, talking astronaut, the whole Johnny West family, and a Geronimo - with all their Marx accessories (in remarkably minty condition). It was worth the $7 I paid, I guess.

Comment

My uncle and I went in together and bought 2 vintage Joes at a toy show. I believe the price was like $10.00 total for both. One was totally armless and the other became one with a wetsuit. Well, both cleaned up great. I got the armless one. Got 2 new vintage arms and now he stands proudly in my collection.
        The Joe Collecting "Geek".
        Visit my online art store for some cool art prints:
        www.etsy.com/shop/geekdragonart
        Also follow me on Twitch for some video game goodness at:
        www.twitch.tv/miketheretrogamer
        Want to see my collection? Check out my Instagram:
        www.instagram.com/miketheretrogamer
        Want to see my new art? Check out:
        www.instagram.com/geekdragonart

Comment

Well, there was the AT Land Adventurer with the Mowhawk and carved off beard.

There was the PH guy that upon disassembly remnants of exploded Black Cat fire crackers fell out.

Not to mention the figures vacuum formed in petrified wet suits. . .
          - Scott
          PH and Proud
          Bulletmann - Hyatta
          See photos of my collection on my Pinterest Page https://www.pinterest.com/scottbeckmann/gi-joe/

Comment

I found most my Joes off Ebay. In the 90's, they had the typical hair rubs, beard removals and missing hands with some KO replacements. Is it me, or is the footlocker with the misc stuff in it rarer now? Any hows..

On side note, I found a CA figure, missing a forearm with some Joe/Marx gear at my local landfill when as a kid I could go with my pop and explore. So many treasures there. LOL
            Last edited by Aiwaloki; 01-30-2019, 07:49 AM. Reason: grammer...check

Comment

Found a Captain Action wrapped up in some old socks and stuffed inside of Cookie Monster puppet.

...now we wait and see if anyone gets the joke...

Comment

Originally posted by ActionYankee View Post
                Found a Captain Action wrapped up in some old socks and stuffed inside of Cookie Monster puppet.

...now we wait and see if anyone gets the joke...
                Government Issue Joseph??

Comment

Spot on, good sir.

I miss those.

Comment

Originally posted by ActionYankee View Post
                    Spot on, good sir.

I miss those.
                    Yes, they were fun to watch!

Comment

I bought a Joe in complete vestments for a wedding. I think, Episcopalian. I left him that way.

Comment

My weirdest find (off ebay) was a gi jane. When I went to change her uniform, I discovered that someone had sawed off her breasts and glued on some larger wooden balls. Very strange, indeed!

Comment

Working...
                        X