• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dune Buggy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dune Buggy

I don't know if this is GI Joe or Max Steel, but I found it in my Joe stuff recently. I don't know if I ever posted about it or not. I took the original dune buggy with all the molded-on fire extinguishers, shovels, and gas cans, then sanded them all smooth. Then I repainted the dune buggy desert tan. Now it's worthy of Joe!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190103_184137242~2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	63.9 KB ID:	2750

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190103_184305933~3.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	2752

???
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190103_184142881~2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	107.1 KB ID:	2751
    Last edited by ATC; 02-05-2019, 04:01 AM.

That looks great!

Comment

Comment

That's it! As a kid, I had a two-by-four with Tonka truck wheels and a sheet aluminum seat I had made with tin snips and some electrical tape. It was a poor excuse for a dune buggy, but Joe used it for a couple of years! When I saw this one come out I grabbed it because it reminded me of my old 2x4 dune buggy that I made as a kid. The silly molded on fake accessories had to go, though. After my son outgrew me and stop playing with GI Joes, this dune buggy got shoved into the Joe Room and was forgotten. Maybe I'll add LED headlights and detail it. Another future project!

Comment

Nice job!

I have a similar buggy...Its a newer Gijoe buggy...

Comment

I think that's the same one.

Comment

Working...
            X