• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first Vintage restorations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My first Vintage restorations

    I got into Vintage collecting in a big way this past year. I had been almost exclusively a Club Joe and 40th collector until now. I now have Joes who need some TLC. So I bought some of the "Oh No Floppy Joe" kits and watched a few videos, and also got some help from a Trencher or two! So here's the before photos of two Joes I have been working on. I'll post the "after" once I have new photos.
    The headless Joe on the deck is the first to be fully restored.  He was floppy as a Raggedy Andy doll!  Now he's a Land Adventurer waiting for assignment. This Land Adventurer needed new hands, new feet, new clothes and new hair!  He'll be my new Undercover Agent.
  • #2

    So here's the semi finished product. On the left (tan) is the handless, footless Land Adventurer from the picture on the right above. On the right (in the green Dangerous Mission outfit) is the formerly headless body lying on the ground in the picture on the left. Both were restrung using the "Oh No Floppy Joe" kits, and the figure in the tan (Adventurer outfit) in this photo was reflocked by an anonymous Trencher. You know who you are. Thanks!
    Last edited by Myles_Falworth; 02-11-2019, 06:33 PM.

    Comment

    • #3

      Figs turned out pretty good! Love seeing the old fella prepped and ready for new adventures.
      - Scott
      PH and Proud
      Bulletmann - Hyatta
      See photos of my collection on my Pinterest Page https://www.pinterest.com/scottbeckmann/gi-joe/

      Comment

      • #4

        Me too! I have another one which was reflocked by the same Trencher which is not shown. He's an AT Commander, and has a missing string on his voicebox. I ordered the string and kit from Cotswold, and that's one of my upcoming restoration projects. Then I'll post a pic of the completed Commander. I also have a few other figures in need of repair. But I'm getting more confident about restringing, and I'm soon going to be sending more heads off for reflocking. It is fun to restore these old Joes. It seems in all of the uniforms I have in my inventory, there's always one or two that are pristine, and those are the ones that go up for display. I also now have a really nice Green Beret that I have put together from a really nice PH figure. I even have the scarf. I just need to find a good belt with the holster and tassle. I've got one somewhere! More pics to follow.

        Comment

        • #5

          Great job!

          Comment

          • #6

            He looks pretty good!

            Comment

            Working...
            X
            Back to Top