• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should have been

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should have been

Too bad Marx gave up on cloth. Here's what their World war II Johnny West should have looked like. The head is Marx Johnny West, and the body is CC Joe. I like the lack of poseability of the CC body because it reminded me of Johnny West. I paired an ME uniform with Cots boots 40th helmet and field jacket, and the stoney Smith BAR. The cartridge belt is a knock off from the 70s.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190223_141243725~2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	57.1 KB ID:	2854

Look up "Buddy Charlie" when you get a chance.

Comment

Yeah, compared to Johnny West, I thought Buddy Charlie was kinda dorky. Like the whiney officer that nobody wanted to follow...
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190224_105528158~2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	2857
      My Buddy Charlie is a fake, though. It's a resin head on a Captain Action body.

Comment

Here are 2 of my Buddy Charlies. One is in standard Marx fatigues and field jacket; the other is in the Ideal Captain Action Nick Fury Camo uniform. I would argue that he looks more like a SGT, and Joe looks more like a LT.

-Nate

Comment

Nice photos guys!

Comment

Thanks for the great idea! I have a spare Sgt. Fury jumpsuit, think I'll borrow this idea from you and dress out my extra Buddy Charlie in it as well.

Comment

Great pics Dave! Glad to see you still find use for those old CC figures.

I have always like the Sgt Fury cover-alls. They are just a tad short on old Joe though. I always found that strange since the legs on CA and Joe were about the same length, but the arms were considerably longer on CA.

- Scott
              PH and Proud
              Bulletmann - Hyatta
              See photos of my collection on my Pinterest Page https://www.pinterest.com/scottbeckmann/gi-joe/

Comment

Working...
              X