• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Falcon E80 Amazon Explorer review

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falcon E80 Amazon Explorer review

I'm referring to the new Falcon figures as 'Falcon E80' because the anniversary is of the company, not the line. Estrela turned 80 a little while ago, and as part of their celebration, they're releasing some Falcon figures. Which is no secret here, but now everyone knows the backstory.

The Body

Muscle body type. It's never really interested me until recently. He is pretty jacked.

Look at that physique. Rock hard abs, pecks, and beefy biceps. Like that line from that Jimmy Dean song, "a crashing blow from a huge right hand sent a Louisiana fella to The Promised Land, Big John."

Estrela's mark. Made in Brazil. Pretty cool.

The flocking on mine is good. Heard some complaints early on, maybe it took them a while to get it worked out? I got mine a year or two in.

Now, the thing about the construction, I've heard it described as 'flimsy' (rather, I saw it typed), but I wouldn't describe it that way. However, sturdy is not what leaps to mind, either.

It's almost as if Estrela made these figures exactly the way they did in the 80's. Same plastics, same rubber connectors, they didn't even make small improvements where they would be welcomed.

The hands are chewed up from the forearm,

And the ankles, from the feet.

And given the fact that it is held together with rubber connectors, those will probably perish in 15-20 years or so. (Then I can rebuild, ha ha)

The Clothes

The outfit has a good look. Camo pants and a black shirt? Hard to go wrong.

The shirt even has a cloth patch. Nice.

The drawback comes from the fact that the shirt only looks good from one angle, and one angle only. Straight on.

Velcro up the back. I understand why they did it, this guy's pretty swol, he'd rip a shirt easily.

The belt(s) are made from some kind of faux velvet.

The Extras

Some pretty standard accessories, binocs, first aid, canteen, machete. They all feel great, and look the part too.

The Box

The box is good. The front art is a little odd for my tastes, but it has a South American flavor to it.

Overall

This has quickly become one of my favorite figures. I got this as a gift, and I'm usually horrible to get gifts for, I'm just so stoic when opening them.

But this managed to elicit and audible noise of wonder.

Tremendous figure. 6.5/10

Awesome review. Love the AT style..

Comment

Anyone know if there are any online stores in the states or UK selling the Falcon Amazon Explorer? Ebay has a few but the shipping from Brazil is $45?

Comment

Cotswold may have it..

Comment

I tried Cots with no luck. I was able to order one from a UK online store. It was the last one they had.

Comment

Comment

Nice looking figure. I never really looked at the foreign stuff, but now maybe I will.
              The Joe Collecting "Geek".
              Visit my online art store for some cool art prints:
              www.etsy.com/shop/geekdragonart
              Also follow me on Twitch for some video game goodness at:
              www.twitch.tv/miketheretrogamer
              Want to see my collection? Check out my Instagram:
              www.instagram.com/miketheretrogamer
              Want to see my new art? Check out:
              www.instagram.com/geekdragonart

Comment

Originally posted by GeekDragon View Post
                Nice looking figure. I never really looked at the foreign stuff, but now maybe I will.
                I never did either until now. I recently added this Falcon figure as well as an Action Man and Geyper Man. It was time to add some of Joe's cousins to my collection.

Comment

Nice. I have 4 vintage Action Man figures, which I need to get some accessories for, but that's about it.
                  The Joe Collecting "Geek".
                  Visit my online art store for some cool art prints:
                  www.etsy.com/shop/geekdragonart
                  Also follow me on Twitch for some video game goodness at:
                  www.twitch.tv/miketheretrogamer
                  Want to see my collection? Check out my Instagram:
                  www.instagram.com/miketheretrogamer
                  Want to see my new art? Check out:
                  www.instagram.com/geekdragonart

Comment

Nice review AY!

Comment