• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Timeless U.S. Marine Set..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timeless U.S. Marine Set..

Fall in A, fall in B, fall in all the company!

You have some very nice sets.

Comment

Originally posted by angelo7 View Post
      You have some very nice sets.
      Thanks, there's some more sets to post at a later time.

Comment

Sharp looking Marine!

Comment

Originally posted by inntruderr61 View Post
          Sharp looking Marine!
          Thanks Jim, some folks complained about the painted hair quality not being very good on this Joe, but i personally think it's ok.

Comment

This is one of my favorite Timeless sets, right alongside the Deep Sea Diver. There are only a few downsides to the Marine - because major parts of the weapons are diecast, the M60 bipod simply can't support the weapon, the mortar bipod will sag over time (and it's non-firing) and the M1A1 Thompson is too heavy for Joe to carry at the ready. And yes, I am one of those Heretics that simply can't leave my toys in their packaging.

Oddly enough, the Deep Sea Diver functions as well as the original in spite of having the heavy diecast helmet, while the 40th Anniversary AM version does not.

Comment

Originally posted by KneonKnight View Post
              This is one of my favorite Timeless sets, right alongside the Deep Sea Diver. There are only a few downsides to the Marine - because major parts of the weapons are diecast, the M60 bipod simply can't support the weapon, the mortar bipod will sag over time (and it's non-firing) and the M1A1 Thompson is too heavy for Joe to carry at the ready. And yes, I am one of those Heretics that simply can't leave my toys in their packaging.

Oddly enough, the Deep Sea Diver functions as well as the original in spite of having the heavy diecast helmet, while the 40th Anniversary AM version does not.
              Yes it's a shame about the diecast weapons being a bit too heavy for Joe to hold, the designers should have made them out of plastic like they used to, I suppose their idea was to have weapons that are unbreakable, and ones that last more than a lifetime. The diacast weapons can easily be substituted for plastic reissued ones. I don't have a DSD yet, I just haven't got around to it yet, they are quite expensive when found.

Comment

• KneonKnight
                KneonKnight commented
                Editing a comment
                Be aware that the Timeless Deep Sea Diver is a one-piece affair, and does not have the inner /outer collar and screw on helmet - but who the heck displays his diver being "hatted"? Anyway, you can get prety much the same set, only with plastic Accessories as the Timeless Adventure Team Eight Ropes of Danger. As of this writing Cotswold Collectibles has one in stock - https://www.gijoeelite.com/Timeless-...Adventure-Team The price on this set is actually a bit higher than I paid for the metal version at retail, but still a cool set. Just don't dunk the Man of Action figure in the water, the glue on the flocking is water soluble.

KneonKnight,

The flocking on some of the AM 40TH was also bad, it fell out easily, especially in hot weather, the glue became similar to sticky honey, i removed the flocking from some of them and turned them back into paintheads again with acrylic paint.

Comment

Working...
              X