• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best all-around "new" Joe set?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best all-around "new" Joe set?

"Thoughts of the Joe future" thread got me thinking... What's the best GI Joe set that they produced not counting vintage (including the original adventure team). I really liked the flamethrower set. It had just about everything necessary for a kid to play with Joe in about any combat scenario, either army or marine corps (since this was D-Day camo that the army used for a very brief time). I think the Joe in the set was super-articulated, too.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	56216ff10ee6b1e311bcf2dc15a9d657.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	2955 ??????
    What would be YOUR choice?

I always liked the Navajo Code Talker. I also liked the timeless and 40th lines. There was also some really nice vehicles. Was the new 12" product perfect over the last 20 plus years? No, but these were a few of the Joes I liked.
    The Joe Collecting "Geek".
    Visit my online art store for some cool art prints:
    www.etsy.com/shop/geekdragonart
    Also follow me on Twitch for some video game goodness at:
    www.twitch.tv/miketheretrogamer
    Want to see my collection? Check out my Instagram:
    www.instagram.com/miketheretrogamer
    Want to see my new art? Check out:
    www.instagram.com/geekdragonart

Comment

I just got a Navy SEAL Beach Landing figure a couple years back. He's incredible. They got a lot of detail in on that one.

Here's my post (from AMMO) on June 3rd, of '17 on the subject:

Originally posted by ActionYankee
      Well, he arrived yesterday, and I was debating on whether or not to open him (or save him for my birthday).

Long story short, here he is.

The level of detail, even for Classic Collection Joe, is astounding.

^ Though you can't see it, there's a painted bullet detail on the magazine. ^

^ The stock collapses into the MP5N.

^ The silencer/flash suppressor comes off too.

^ Painted Bullet Detail on the Handgun Magazine too. The Handgun has a spring-loaded slide, so you can pull it back and it will return to the forward position. When you pull the slide back, while the magazine is in the grip, you can see the painted bullet, impossible to show on camera without augmenting the pistol, or a helper.

And the cherry on top...

(and it's actually hollow, so you could conceivably put some water inside)

As with all Classic Collection Dog Tags, there's two, one classic "GI Joe" one, and one featuring the logo/seal of the military unit in question, in this case? The US Navy SEALs.

And though he comes in Woodland trousers, I didn't figure he'd look bad in sandies either. He looks pretty good I think.

Comment

Hard to pick just one. Really like the TC Green Beret. Had mine signed by a friend who served as a GB.

Comment

Comment

I feel like TC or ME, or 40th can't be included here. This post being about "modern" Joe figures/sets and all, while those were released more recently, they are reproductions of vintage sets, and made the vintage way.

Semantics I know...

Comment

Best AT type set might've been the Aussie ODF. Neutral tan uniform, nice web gear, nice jungle hat, reasonable main weapon, and cool backpack!
              Click image for larger version

Name:	81428a_lg.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	2963

Comment

Working...
              X