• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making M-16 fit HH

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making M-16 fit HH

That vintage M-16 has a really fat foregrip. I can't imagine what Hasbro was thinking when they made it. Either make the weapons fit the Joe hands, or change the hand shape! Sheesh! I used a 21C M-16 and used an Xacto knife to narrow a spot on the foregrip for Joe's hand. It made a huge improvement.

Click image for larger version

Name:	! GB Foregrip.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	2977
    Here you can see how much it improved Joe's grip.

Here's a close-up:

Name:	! GB Scallop.jpg
Size:	199.6 KB
ID:	2975

While I probably won't modify any Vintage M-16s, this was a nice improvement for a 21C weapon from the junk box!

Name:	! GBs2.jpg
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	2976

I think my next "mod" will be to swap these vintage guys' paws for some Cots Action hands.
    That makes more sense than modifying equipment, I think.
    - ATC

Get HobbyCrash KFG, they're nearly odeidenti to vintage KFG.

I've got a set on my Timeless MOA. So much better than Cotswold 'action hands'

Comment

It looks like hobby crash is a UK store. They need a distributor here in the US!

Comment

Hobbycrash is actually Spanish. They make the repro Geyperman figures (which, I'm told, are stellar).

Cotswold sells them, but they always go quick, I've noticed.

(Might be cheaper to buy direct, though. As Cots has to inflate a little for their profit, haven't done the math)

Comment

Originally posted by ATC View Post
          That vintage M-16 has a really fat foregrip. I can't imagine what Hasbro was thinking when they made it.

Comment

Nice modification! I concur that the hard hands are of limited use. Hasbro should have bought the rights to the Ideal or Marx hands.

-Nate

Comment

Working...
            X