• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rebuilt Joe Lanta Joes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebuilt Joe Lanta Joes

Spent the Monday cleaning up my Puckett Bucket Joes.

Sadly, the talking foreign head was a total loss. It didn't look right to me but I tried my darnedest to salvage it. Just something about the eyes. Turns out, some kid carved out the eye and then stuck a piece of plastic in its place to try to fix it. That and the BB hole in the left temple.

Turns out he is a talking soldier so I dressed him for the part. The figure is in an all knock off uniform with the exception of the accessories. The jacket is My Buddy, a Master Piece shirt and no idea on the pants. Also wearing 40th boots. Talking Soldier with a swapped soft head and restrung legs. Says most phrases loud and proud, but a little slow.

The Marine I resewed the snaps, added buttons and cleaned the uniform and pack. Nice Japan tagged pack and a camo poncho instead of a tent. The uniform is Action team muscle body era, but looks nice enough. Joe was restrung and paint touched up. Note the numerous dart holes in his face. I added the arm bands and helmet.

The soldier is REAL nice. Tagged Japan field jacket and shirt, front pocket pants were taken from the talker as they were a dead-on match. Restrung and repainted the figure. Soldier will get a rifle later, talker will get a radio.

- Scott
    PH and Proud
    Bulletmann - Hyatta
    See photos of my collection on my Pinterest Page https://www.pinterest.com/scottbeckmann/gi-joe/

Very nice Scott!
    Well done!
    And you even got those miniature silly straps to reach his belt buckle!!!
    Huzzah!
    -ATC
    ??????www.gijoe.50megs.com

Comment

Not to mention the vintage Japan tagged sleeping bag in the pack!
      - Scott
      PH and Proud
      Bulletmann - Hyatta
      See photos of my collection on my Pinterest Page https://www.pinterest.com/scottbeckmann/gi-joe/

Comment

These kind of well-loved 'Joes are near and dear to my heart. They are the ones who've acquired some soul over the years. Well done!

Comment

Working...
        X