• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't believe it's been 5 years.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't believe it's been 5 years.

5 years ago today the Joe world lost one of its brightest stars. My friend Buck, Bucky, The Buckster, The Karma King, died on this day 5 years ago. If you have been part of this group for more than 5 years then most likely you knew Buck. He probly sent you something totally outta the blue or you probly made a trade with him in which you got 4 or 5 or 20 other pieces thrown in as karma from Buck. You also most likely never met him. Buck wouldnt come to the conventions or Joelanta even though I tried numerous times to get him to come. You also most likely read a post of his that left you scratching your head trying to figure out what the heck he was talking about.
    Buck was one of the funniest people I ever had the pure pleasure to meet. It is a weird source of pride that I am one of the very very few people that ever actually got to meet Buck in person. He lived only about 15/20 minutes from me. I met him when I won one of his Ebay auctions for a Fantastic Freefall parachute pack and went to his house to pick it up. I left his house with the pack and 3 sets of boots, a couple of outfits I was looking for and a new friend. He looked out for me all the time and I tried to look out for him but he was usually way ahead of me.
    It's been 5 years and I still miss Buck.

Buck really added to the hobby and I like to think he invented Joe karma. I have never seen that in any other hobby. I never met him in person, but I always felt like he treated me as a brother. I remember having a bad trade with someone in the Sandbox and he stuck up for me (probably a few times come to think of it.). Great guy.

Comment

yup...good people

Comment

That long? It seems like yesterday, but it feels like a long time ago.

He was one in a billion.

Comment

Working...
        X