• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Muscle Body Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muscle Body Question

Hey so I've had an eagle eye Joe and just recently landed a Bulletman and been looking into reattaching their arms, I think I want to skip the kit cause I don't want to try and open Bulletman's arms. So I've been working on a system to get the arms back together, it may or may not work better than the restringing method but I'd figure I'd give it a shot. That does however bring up a question, what sort of materials cause a muscle body to melt? I think what I'm looking at using should be safe but I figured safe than sorry and I should check.

Here's the method I use. It's very quick, very cheap and does a good job. I do like the kits, but this works well IMO.

Danny(Drquest)
    Captain Action HQ
    Custom Shirts

Comment

What Dr. Quest showed you is the quick, less expensive and easiest method. Cotswold has the kits, which are nice, but you have to crack open the chest and biceps to install them.

https://www.gijoeelite.com/Repair-Mu...ody-Repair-Kit

Comment

A superior method that avoids the shoulders moving oddly can be found here:
        http://auntmarietta.com/75repair01.html

It adds a wire T in the shoulder that controls the way the elastic acts in different positions. I doubled the elastic cord in mine for more tension.

Comment

That was an awesome website. Thanks for sharing it.

Comment

Oh wow! Thats a cool technique, I think I'll try that on my next one I have and compare it to the peg system I did last time.

Comment

Working...
            X