• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gettysburg Joes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gettysburg Joes

MY wife is doing training down in the greater DC area; and my son and I accompanied her for the first week. I took the kiddo to the National Zoo, Udvar-Hazy Air and Space Museum; as well as the battlefields of Gettysburg, Antietam, Monocacy and Harpers Ferry. In Gettysburg, I managed to find a few Joes and an addition to my small-scale artillery park.

Well-used Mike Power:

Repaired and wearing Geyperman French Resistance and Captain Action jumpsuit (to offset the gimpy atomic leg).

I also found this Cotswold 101st paratrooper in the same antique store:

I also brought home this small Civil War mortar:

-Nate

Where in Gettysburg? My wife and I are going in August.

I wanna know "the good hunting grounds," so to speak.

Comment

https://i.postimg.cc/prDYLnn0/025620...AE71-FEAFD.jpg[/img]

North of Antietam is the town of Hagerstown, which has a few antiques malls.

-Nate

Comment

Its kinda wierd finding cots figures in the wild, considering they aren't in retail stores. I found one at a thrift store. Awesome finds though.
        The Joe Collecting "Geek".
        Visit my online art store for some cool art prints:
        www.etsy.com/shop/geekdragonart
        Also follow me on Twitch for some video game goodness at:
        www.twitch.tv/miketheretrogamer
        Want to see my collection? Check out my Instagram:
        www.instagram.com/miketheretrogamer
        Want to see my new art? Check out:
        www.instagram.com/geekdragonart

Comment

Is that the name of the place? I can't find it on Google.

And I found a small batch of Gearbox figs in Tuesday Morning once. Didn't jump on them at the time as "they weren't Joe."

Silly me.

Comment

Comment

Oh wow! Been there multiple times I think that's the first actual original Joe I've seen be found there, have seen later reproductions a few times, that were way too pricey, really cool find!

Comment

Working...
              X