• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Travelling Joe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelling Joe

There used to be a lot of recurring things on the Trenches prior to the hacking and relaunch. One of these was "Travelling Joe" which was literally a Gi Joe mailed from member to member all over the world, and each member who received Joe would take some photos of him in his current location which were posted in the forum. Does anyone know where "travelling Joe" is now? If not, is there anyone who wants to restart this Trenches tradition again?

I know I have one, but I won him after he did all his travelling. I believe there isn't one currently. I would be happy to host a new one if anyone wants to start one up.
    The Joe Collecting "Geek".
    Visit my online art store for some cool art prints:
    www.etsy.com/shop/geekdragonart
    Also follow me on Twitch for some video game goodness at:
    www.twitch.tv/miketheretrogamer
    Want to see my collection? Check out my Instagram:
    www.instagram.com/miketheretrogamer
    Want to see my new art? Check out:
    www.instagram.com/geekdragonart

Comment

As much as I would like to say it is a Trenches Tradition, I believe we took the idea from the original Sand Box. Reason why we never looked to do another here is because there seem to be several floating around on the numerous Face Book groups. But if someone wants to put one together they are more than welcome to.
      - Scott
      PH and Proud
      Bulletmann - Hyatta
      See photos of my collection on my Pinterest Page https://www.pinterest.com/scottbeckmann/gi-joe/

Comment

I remember traveling Joe! He came to me in Baghdad about a decade ago, where he got to visit several military units, the chow hall, and several Baghdad points of interest. I added a few things to the box and sent him on to the next recipient, and lost track of him after that. I wonder where that Joe ended up?

Comment

I've also got a figure I'd be willing donate as a Traveling Joe. It's a Timeless Collection figure from the Eight Ropes of Danger set. I decided to put my Club Man of the Sea figure in the suit instead, so now it's just an extra nude. The body and head are in great shape; good tension on the stringing and solid flocking. Just a bit of carrot-top red hair and the kung fu grip hands are a bit hard. It's just the nude for now, but if someone wants to gear him up ...

Comment

If I was blessed with a TC Eight Ropes of Danger set, I'd use the figure as the KFG version of the Man of The Sea.

Comment

Funny! That's what I did! I put a 40th guy in the deep sea diver outfit. Thanks to the $5 Walmart adventure team guys, I put together a whole team beardless AT Joes. I never understood why all of them had beards anyway. The cheap Walmart Joes let me buy a bunch of the MOA figures and stuff them in the different AT uniforms. They've all got brown hair except for the sea adventurer. Maybe I'll reflock one of them blond to be the air adventurer. I recycled the Walmart bearded heads on SA figures to make a modern adventure team. I kind of wish I had bought more of those $5 clearance AT Joes!

Comment

Working...
              X