• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Finds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found the 4 AT heads today! They were covered with other Gi Joe stuff on a desk in my study. So now they have been placed on the bodies I have, and I have filled in the other missing pieces. So now I have 3 new members of the Adventure Team, minus one right foot on the Sea Adventurer. I have a Cots foot and calf I'm trying to pry apart for the foot. Then I'll finish the Sea Adventurer and find uniforms for all three.

Comment

• Yay! Progress is always good! It's a nice feeling to find things you THOUGHT you'd lost, too!
      :-)
      - ATC

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	1
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	5555 Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	5556

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	5557 Won this awesome set on Ebay today. I didn't think I could snag it, but I got lucky with a decent price. I'll be glad to have another Mike Power set in my collection. The only other I have is Race for Recovery. My Race for Recovery suit is missing a tooth or two, and I don't have the original red rock. This one is in much better condition and the belt is really nice.

Comment

• Nice. I still have my childhood Mike Power. I need to get a new outfit for him(the on he originally came in). I also have the Mountain Out Post. Haven't looked at in in a long time, but I know it's about 80-90% complete. Never knew about the various outfits for him until I found the original Trenches back in the AOL days.
          The Joe Collecting "Geek".
          Visit my online art store for some cool art prints:
          www.etsy.com/shop/geekdragonart
          Also follow me on Twitch for some video game goodness at:
          www.twitch.tv/miketheretrogamer
          Want to see my collection? Check out my Instagram:
          www.instagram.com/miketheretrogamer
          Want to see my new art? Check out:
          www.instagram.com/geekdragonart

Comment

• That's very cool. I never had Mike Power as a kid. I only had one Land Adventurer, but I also had the rescue raft, AT Helicopter, and the AT Headquarters. I remember seeing Mike in stores, and in commercials. Cool that you still have yours. I'm sure you'll find his outfit before long. I've come across several on Ebay in the recent past.

Comment

• Nice!
              Congrats!
              -ATC

Comment

• I just need to start looking. I've been doing vintage 3 3/4" Joes and the new Classified figures, so vintage 12" has fallen to the way side. I'll get back into vintage 12" eventually though.
                The Joe Collecting "Geek".
                Visit my online art store for some cool art prints:
                www.etsy.com/shop/geekdragonart
                Also follow me on Twitch for some video game goodness at:
                www.twitch.tv/miketheretrogamer
                Want to see my collection? Check out my Instagram:
                www.instagram.com/miketheretrogamer
                Want to see my new art? Check out:
                www.instagram.com/geekdragonart

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	137.5 KB ID:	5580

I won this set on Ebay tonight. These are some of the best condition items I've seen in a while on the bay. I once found an almost complete set of the 1973 line in perfect condition. These are all from 74-75, and will fill some big holes in my collection. The buried bounty set will be the next completed from that year. And I now will have a shot at completing the Black Widow Rendezvous, and the Jettison to Safety set. The blue pants are minty and are allegedly from the Danger Ray Detection set. I'll have to ask the experts on that. I just checked Darryl Depriest's "The Collectible Gi Joe" and the blue pants are in fact from Mineshaft Breakout. Cool.
                  Last edited by Myles_Falworth; 04-20-2022, 02:14 AM.

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	93.5 KB ID:	5609

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	64.2 KB ID:	5608

I also loved Micronauts as a kid. Here's the blue Acroyear which my brother had. I wanted one to complete my 3 figure collection. ( I had a green one, and there was also a pink one) Here he is. The enemy of the Micronauts!

Comment

• Nice on the Acroyear! I still have my pink version from when I was a kid. I also have too many Baron Karza's. Loved that character and just kept buying them I guess. Micronauts are pretty cool overall.
                      Danny(Drquest)
                      Captain Action HQ
                      Custom Shirts

Comment

• Nice! I was just a little beyond action figures at that time, but my younger brother had a bunch. I now have his two last remaining Micronauts, Acroyear and Baron Karza.
                        He once had the battle cruiser, that was a great toy.

I dug out the Acroyear I have, I always thought they were black and white and chrome. Looking at your photo, I guess the colors are in the chrome? If so, I guess I
                        have the green one. He doesn't stand very well, I guess from play wear.

Comment

• Yeah, you have the green one. They don't call it green however. I forget the name but they call it a different color usually, like yellow? But it's clearly green. I have my Baron Karza too. Always wanted the battle cruiser, but it was too expensive. Looked like a truly awesome toy back then, with a not too distant resemblance too the Imperial Star Destroyers from Star Wars. My brother and I stepped straight from Micronauts to Star Wars toys in 78. Never looked back either.

Comment

• Originally posted by drquest View Post
                            Nice on the Acroyear! I still have my pink version from when I was a kid. I also have too many Baron Karza's. Loved that character and just kept buying them I guess. Micronauts are pretty cool overall.
                            They were/are cool. I only like the ones with die cast metal parts though, plus the Pharoid with his cool sphinx-like chamber. My next Micronaut purchase will be either Force Commander, or possibly Space Glider.

Comment

Name:	s-l1600.png
Size:	630.4 KB
ID:	5655 Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600 (19).jpg
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	5656 Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600 (15).jpg
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	5657

This week I've been a little more active. I bought a Jungle Fighter uniform made by 3rd Son Books from Cotswold. I also bought a Black Widow helmet from Ebay, and also an Aerial Recon helmet with intact visor (but the helmet is a bit scuffed), and also including a very faded blue jumpsuit. I have an Aerial Recon suit in really nice condition, so this will complete my set. The Black Widow set only needs a few small pieces and it will be complete. Trying to start piecing together the few sets I am missing important pieces to. I also won an auction on Joezeta's weekly auction on FB for the large red part of the Jettison to Safety set on Wednesday night. I already have the control panel, and one of the silver boosters. I have the jacket too, so now I just need a spare silver booster and the pants.
                              Last edited by Myles_Falworth; 06-29-2022, 04:59 AM.

Comment

Name:	288610896_704510677663031_1880238059206413427_n.jpg
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	5653 Click image for larger version

Name:	286035451_1021112798793787_4679319918517277128_n.jpg
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	5654

Just bought most of an AT Sharks Surprise set from a guy on FB. Comes with the blue sled, complete orange wetsuit with orange zipper, a Gi Joe figure, and the tanks and flippers plus diving knife. I never thought I'd own this set. I've already got the shark, and a spare treasure chest I can use. Might have a spear gun too. Or I may need to procure one. This should display well with my Navy Joes.
                                Last edited by Myles_Falworth; 06-29-2022, 04:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X