• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MEGO reboot??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MEGO reboot??

I still go to the toy aisle (mostly at Target) to check on what is selling and I saw the next wave of the MEGO's with Bewitch figures. I was always attracted to the Star Trek and Super Hero ones, but could not bear to start collecting another line. I don't follow MEGO's and was wondering if this reboot was selling. I see there are new figures so they must be moving. The other thing I don't understand is those pop vinyl figures. But I also never understood the people waiting to open Match Box/Hot Wheel boxes stalking the chase cars.

I don't know much about that line but if you ever start seeing them on clearance then sales must not be doing well.

Comment

I don't get the Pop figures either. They just came out of no where and every time I go to a comicon, there are whole booths that sell nothing but Pop's. As for the Mego's, I have never seen one in the wild, but then, I don't go to Target, etc., very much, so I am assuming they are selling decently.
      The Joe Collecting "Geek".
      Visit my online art store for some cool art prints:
      www.etsy.com/shop/geekdragonart
      Also follow me on Twitch for some video game goodness at:
      www.twitch.tv/miketheretrogamer
      Want to see my collection? Check out my Instagram:
      www.instagram.com/miketheretrogamer
      Want to see my new art? Check out:
      www.instagram.com/geekdragonart

Comment

It seems there are/were distribution problems with the Megos. Lots of people complaining in the Facebook group that they can't find specific figures, etc. I think the monster figures (Draculas, etc) were their most popular figures. Not sure how well Facts of Life or the maid from Brady Bunch sold., but I imagine not very well. Seems they chose some iffy (but likely cheap) subject matter. Also the lack of reproduction packaging hurt sales, IMO.

Sean

Comment

They are doing well enough that there's several additional new waves of these hitting. I don't think Mego was pushing some of the peg warmer type figures, but Target was looking for various lines. Here's a clip showing some of the latest ones coming out.

Danny(Drquest)
          Captain Action HQ
          Custom Shirts

Comment

There is also a Kirk and Spock from Star Trek II coming out with older headsculpts and the uniforms from the movie.

Comment

Working...
            X