• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Differences in Collecting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Differences in Collecting

Today, I read a story about a guy who found a MIB Nintendo Kid Icarus video game in his mom's attic when cleaning it out. I played Nintendo back in the day and don't think it was a rare game. However it is rare, according to the story, to find it MIB and was valued at roughly $8K. So I am wondering why it would be worth that. Can't you just buy a loosed boxed version and piece together all the items in mint condition and reseal it? It is not like a rare late 70's Joe set that has been decarded and needs a special plastic bubble to be put back on the card to be displayed. Further, how do you know the contents are in there and once you open it, is it no longer special. I get that people like a box for display, but there are a lot of boxes out there for a lot less. I won't even mention the repros. LOL.

I think it would be similar to a MIB Land Adventurer. It is a common item, that can be found boxed, just rare to find unopened MIB. But I don't think it would be more than triple the value of a regular boxed LA. I am not MIB collector so I can't speak to prices that way.
    Last edited by Aiwaloki; 08-06-2019, 06:26 AM.

Yeah, video games can be really pricey. Some games are common, like Contra, but command a high price because everyone wants a copy. Just like Joe, comics, figures, etc, it all depends on the game, condition, rarity, and demand. Right now, NES games are in demand, but prices have peaked and, like everything else, the collector's who wanted the games have the games and are moving on to other systems.
    The Joe Collecting "Geek".
    Visit my online art store for some cool art prints:
    www.etsy.com/shop/geekdragonart
    Also follow me on Twitch for some video game goodness at:
    www.twitch.tv/miketheretrogamer
    Want to see my collection? Check out my Instagram:
    www.instagram.com/miketheretrogamer
    Want to see my new art? Check out:
    www.instagram.com/geekdragonart

Comment

Working...
    X