• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about the nurse.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about the nurse.

Hey I have a bit of an odd request, I need to get some details for a project that in the end will involve the nurse, however I don't have access to one, not a big surprise.
    I'm having a hard time finding out how tall she is actually, I can find a few photos of her near a standard Joe but not like directly next to one so I can only make a rough estimate. So if anyone happens to know or has access to one could I either get her measurement or a picture of her standing next to a Joe?

I would assume the nurse is slightly smaller, but I have never seen a loose one in person, so don't quote me. I'm sure someone here has one. I would be interested to know also.
    The Joe Collecting "Geek".
    Visit my online art store for some cool art prints:
    www.etsy.com/shop/geekdragonart
    Also follow me on Twitch for some video game goodness at:
    www.twitch.tv/miketheretrogamer
    Want to see my collection? Check out my Instagram:
    www.instagram.com/miketheretrogamer
    Want to see my new art? Check out:
    www.instagram.com/geekdragonart

Comment

I handled a loose one once, she was missing one of her hands but I still couldn't afford her. If I recall and what I've seen is right she seems to be about half a head shorter than a Joe, and the top of her head seems to be about even with his eyes but I can't be totally sure so I'd figured I may as well ask.

Comment

Do you think there are a lot women hording the Nurse in their doll collections? Or are they really that rare?

Comment

They are that rare. I mean, just look at the head sculpt for that figure.
          The Joe Collecting "Geek".
          Visit my online art store for some cool art prints:
          www.etsy.com/shop/geekdragonart
          Also follow me on Twitch for some video game goodness at:
          www.twitch.tv/miketheretrogamer
          Want to see my collection? Check out my Instagram:
          www.instagram.com/miketheretrogamer
          Want to see my new art? Check out:
          www.instagram.com/geekdragonart

Comment

Honestly I don't think her headsculpt is all that bad, she can photograph poorly but with getting a chance to look at her up close shes fine, well not the best but not as bad as jokes would have you believe. She wasn't a huge success so indeed she is rare but I would assume a decent number of them survive hidden away in old boxes of dolls apart from other Joes, that is if she survives, I've never seen her missing parts other than lower arms/hands, but I'm not sure how shes assembled really. I know she doesn't have the thigh rivet, but is she strung together normally otherwise?

Comment

I think her outfit isn't the most attractive uniform and because it is white, it loses its freshness. I can see where that would take away from her features. We always hear the guy's perspective on this figure. Any women's opinions would be interesting. Look at how Barbie rocks being a nurse. In regards to the height question, I have an Action Women figure. I can measure her height for you when I get home. (sorry my link is broken and I can't seem to fix it).
              Last edited by Aiwaloki; 08-11-2019, 06:04 AM.

Comment

Ah thanks for that! That will probably at least give me something to work with.

As for how women feel about her, uh all I can say is my mom seems to like her.

Comment

Maybe message someone selling the figure on ebay. Here is a link with her helping an injured Joe. This might give you an idea.

http://www.vintage3djoes.com/action-girl.html

Comment

Working...
                  X