• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about restringing arms.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about restringing arms.

OK, there's a Joe that I need to restring the arms. I have the Cots kit, so I got that covered. My question is, how the heck do you pull the elastic through the upper body the attach both arms? I've tried needle nose pliers and just can't pull it enough to get it all the way through.
    The Joe Collecting "Geek".
    Visit my online art store for some cool art prints:
    www.etsy.com/shop/geekdragonart
    Also follow me on Twitch for some video game goodness at:
    www.twitch.tv/miketheretrogamer
    Want to see my collection? Check out my Instagram:
    www.instagram.com/miketheretrogamer
    Want to see my new art? Check out:
    www.instagram.com/geekdragonart

You need to make a hook out of coat hanger wire or some other thick wire. Make a large loop at one end for your finger to fit through and grab it, and a very small hook at the other end which bends back on itself. Insert that through the arm holes, then hood the hook on the arm elastic through the small loop, and using the large loop to grasp the other end, pull the elastic all the way through. Don't make the small loop too wide at the end, or it could pierce the plastic near the shoulder hole accidentally. You want it to come out smoothly. I use one that's overall about 8 inches long. Works great.

Comment

Hook one arm on the elastic. Drop a string down the torso through both arm holes and loop it to the remaining hook. Pull the cord, hook, and elastic through the torso. when you get it to the other side, grab it with needle-nose pliers and remove the string. Then just clip the remaining arm and place, and you're done. Easy!
      Or or get one of those all wire coat hangers and smash it flat into a long skinny loop. Poke that down through the arm holes. Either way, it's pretty easy.

Comment

Why didn't I think of this? Thanks for the help.
        The Joe Collecting "Geek".
        Visit my online art store for some cool art prints:
        www.etsy.com/shop/geekdragonart
        Also follow me on Twitch for some video game goodness at:
        www.twitch.tv/miketheretrogamer
        Want to see my collection? Check out my Instagram:
        www.instagram.com/miketheretrogamer
        Want to see my new art? Check out:
        www.instagram.com/geekdragonart

Comment

Working...
        X