• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cutting circles on a table saw.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutting circles on a table saw.

I needed to cut some large circles out of plywood for a GI Joe project. I don't know how safe it is, but it worked. I cut the plywood into squares. Then I drilled a hole in the middle of each square of plywood I put a bolt through it, into a jig that I mounted on my table saw. Then I just rotated it while I raised the blade. It worked great! don't try this at home! This was done by professionals. Side effects may include dizziness and death!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191005_194314468~2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	3680

Looks really good! I'm about to try cutting a 1/8 inch stainless steel rod to length. I need it for an AT drag bike I'm putting together. All I have are regular hand tools and a Dremel tool. Hopefully I can cut it with my bolt cutters, and finish grind the sharp end with the Dremel.
    Last edited by Myles_Falworth; 10-09-2019, 03:25 AM.

Comment

Now that's a perfect circle, ATC.
      The Joe Collecting "Geek".
      Visit my online art store for some cool art prints:
      www.etsy.com/shop/geekdragonart
      Also follow me on Twitch for some video game goodness at:
      www.twitch.tv/miketheretrogamer
      Want to see my collection? Check out my Instagram:
      www.instagram.com/miketheretrogamer
      Want to see my new art? Check out:
      www.instagram.com/geekdragonart

Comment