• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Talker Repair?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talker Repair?

Some years back I got an AT Commander on ebay. I spent $15 (with shipping) to get an elastic leg repair kit, since the figure was twisted. I then spent money for a fellow Trencher to repair him.

After over a year, and a few emails, I finally received the figure back. But it wasn't the figure I sent. It had more cuts and scuffs than the one I sent in, it was also twisted (the leg repair kit I bought was not installed), and the string marking the
    different commands was worn out to the point that they were not able to be seen. The figure I sent in the colored stops were easily seen.

The figure I sent said all of the commands, but slowly. The figure I got back only said one command. I got screwed.

So I'm hoping that someone can direct me to someone that is honest and does good work on repairing talking figures. I have wanted to get my AT Commander back in shape for some time now. I also have a talking Action Soldier, that works
    but needs the screws to hold his torso together. And it would be great if I could find someone to work on a talking vintage Action Man I have. I know the talking unit on those are a little different.

So if anyone can point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated. I'm already out $60 for my first attempt to get my AT Commander fixed. Any leads in this forum or through PM will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! Daryl

I've had 3 talkers repaired by Scott Wilde. I don't know if he hangs out here, but he is a Trencher, and you can find him on the Facebook page for the Trenches.

Comment

Daryl, sorry to hear this! There are a few folks that work on them, Scott Wilde and Andrew Bruce are the two folks I would recommend.

I wished we had known of the issue. We would have stepped in and tried to help rectify the situation.
      - Scott
      PH and Proud
      Bulletmann - Hyatta
      See photos of my collection on my Pinterest Page https://www.pinterest.com/scottbeckmann/gi-joe/

Comment

Working...
      X