• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any thoughts on this recent acquisition?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any thoughts on this recent acquisition?

I just purchased the following auction for four uniforms (see link). According to the seller they belonged their younger brother (who passed away in 82') and grew up with the 60's era GI Joe's. The reason I purchased this lot was the yellow-orange uniform and green MP uniform. The yellow-orange uniform appears to be a 1964' issue Action Soldier uniform with tags on both pieces reading "GI JoeTM, By Hasbro, Japan". Strangely enough I bought an identical uniform 15 years ago and have enclosed three photo's of that. Can this be a coincidence? What set could this have gone too? If they were dyed by the owners wouldn't the tags have discolored? Is it possible they were either prototypes or uniforms for sets that didn't go into production?

As for the MP uniform on the lower right both tags read "GI JoeTM, By Hasbro, Japan". However, it has square pockets and I'm not aware of any GI Joe MP uniforms with square pockets. It's always possible that the this was a knock-off that had GI Joe tags added but then they would have added the square snaps as well since all knock-offs of the era had round snaps. Anyone else have these?

GIJOEMOA
    Believed to be from the 1960s-1970s. See photos for details and condition. One pair of brown pants has a rough repaired spot and a couple of stain spots on back.

Here are three photos of the uniform I bought 15 years ago and still have in my collection.

Comment

GI defender can tell you. He knows all about pocket shapes and colors and stuff! Whattup up with this, Scott?

Comment

Working...
      X