• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have an unusual butt.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have an unusual butt.

I found a marking on a GI Joe while reflocking it recently. See pic. I thought it was supposed to say made in Canada too, but there's no "made in" language anywhere. Do we have any GI Joe butt experts out there?Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200209_162108731~3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	3991

Definitely Canadian Markings and incomplete. (1970's era)

Can't say I have seen this before.
    - Scott
    PH and Proud
    Bulletmann - Hyatta
    See photos of my collection on my Pinterest Page https://www.pinterest.com/scottbeckmann/gi-joe/

Comment

Over the years I've acquired many American figures with Canadian butts and Canadian figures with American butts. This led me to believe that in the late 60's and early 70's the Hasbro factories in both countries were exchanging body parts to meet demand. Perhaps Canada decided it wasn't necessary to have "Made in Canada" just to have the butt go on an American figure.

Comment

• ATC
        ATC commented
        Editing a comment
        Other than butt stamping, how can you tell the difference between American and Canadian? To my untrained eye, they look the same to me!

Hmm... now I understand why my AT Commander hollered at the new guy "Get your Canadian butt out of my ATV!!!"

Actually, it's kinda cool. I have a Canadian Talking AT commander and now a Canadian Sea Adventurer. Maybe I'll look for more Canadian butts at the Kentuckiana show.

The problem with my talking Canadian AT Commander is that he ends every sentence in "Eh?"

Comment

Working...
      X